Chapter 7: 162 Candles

I woke up to soft knocking on my door. I didn't get up. I just rolled over so that my face was away from the door. "Dawn, are you up?" I heard Jenna ask through the door. I didn't answer. I stay silent. "Dawn, we are going down the sheriff's station. We will be back later." Even when I heard that they will be gone, I still didn't move. I had a million thoughts swirling in my head. I heard my phone over and over again. But I just watched it. I did not wait to leave this room. I didn't want to go out there and deal with the new reality. It wasn't until around noon when I got out of bed and took a shower. I walked to my closet and pulled out an outfit.

I climbed down the staircase and went into the kitchen

I climbed down the staircase and went into the kitchen. I looked over at the door as Bonnie came in the door. She went up the stairs. She probably went to see Elena. I grabbed myself a bottle of water and then checked my phone. The minute that I did the unknown number showed up. It was Damon. I knew it was. He is the only unknown number on my phone. I finally picked up my phone and turned it off. I don't want to handle this world. I took my water and trucked myself back up to my room and locked the door. I looked over to my canvas and tried to think of something to paint but I didn't want to. So I instead plugged in my headphones to my iPod and played some music. I grabbed my book and started to sketch without care. I think I got through about 30 songs and four sketches before I was interrupted by someone. I looked up and saw that it was Damon. I jumped back and tried to move away from him.

"Hey, don't be afraid. I am only here to talk." He stated.

"Talk about what?' I asked as I got up from my bed. I stood on by my window.

"About what happened? Or maybe about what you found out?"

"Why do you want to talk to me about that?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Because I know you won't talk to Elena about it." He said as he leaned back on his arms.

"That doesn't mean I will talk to you." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Come on, D. Ask me anything you want," I said as he picked up my sketchbook and looked at the page.

"First of all, only my friends call me 'D'. and you are not one of them. " I grabbed my book from his hands and closed it. "And second, I don't want to talk to you." I place it on my nightstand. He looked at me and sat up on my bed. He watched me as I stood by the window. "If I ask you questions, will you leave afterward?" he nodded with a smile. "What are you?"

"I think you know the answer to that question." He stood up from the bed and stalked over to my closet. "I'm a vampire."

"But you can walk in the sun?" He turned to me and smirked.

"I have this little thing called a daylight ring. It is spelled to let me walk in the sun."

"Are you and Stefan the only ones in town?"

"Yes, this town used to be crawling with vampires." He leaned on the wall.

"When was that?" I strolled to my bed and sat down.