Chapter 22 The Last Dance

I still hate school. I still hate getting up to go. But I have a decade art project due today. That is the only really reason I am getting up. I got out of bed and went into the bathroom to get ready. When I got out, my hand went straight to the necklace to try and pull it off again. But again didn't work. I went to my closet and pulled out an outfit.

 I went to my closet and pulled out an outfit

I got dressed and grabbed my canvases. I walked down and out the door.

At school, I was late. At least, I wasn't late for my art class. I walked into Ric's classroom to see him on the phone. "Are you trying to call Jenna?" I asked. He turned around and stared at me. The look on his face was like he hasn't seen me before. "Ric, you okay?" I asked as I leaned on a student desk.

"Yes, fine. I was just talking to Damon." He hung up the phone. "What a pretty necklace."

"Pretty but annoying." I rolled my eyes. "I put it on before I realized that it was from Klaus. I tried to pull it off only to find out it won't come off. And if anyone else touches it, it will burn them. So, it's pretty yes but really annoying." I stood up from the desk. "But the real reason, I'm here is for my notebook that I left here. Is it in your desk?"

"Yes, I just saw it." He leaned down and grabbed it. He held it out for me to take it.

 "Thanks, I need it for my next class." I said as I took it from him. he just kept looking at me. It was strange even for him. "Bye, Ric." I waved as I left the room. I felt the necklace get hot for a moment then go cold. Now that was weird.

***************************************

 I was walking back to my locker when my phone. I picked it up without checking the caller ID. "Hello."

"Hey, Dawn." I put in the combo to my locker and opened it.

"It's been awhile, Tyler. What's up?" I placed my books in and took out my sketch book.

"I was just checking in. I called to tell you how I am doing." He told me through the phone.

"And how are you doing?" I asked as I felt my necklace heat up.