Chapter 16 Masquerade

I laid in bed and watched the sun rise. The heavy breathing of Tyler was very calming but I am not calm. I lifted the cover off my body and pulled Tyler's shirt from last night over my head. I walked over to my phone and picked it up. Three missed calls. Two from Elena and one from Damon. Which one should I call back? I heard Tyler turn on the bed. I quickly gathered up my clothes and got dressed. I can't believe I slept with Tyler. I grabbed my bag and left the room. I went downstairs and I was about to leave out the door when Mason Lockwood stopped me. "I hope you lefted him alive up there."

I turned to him. "Yeah, I hope he is able to walk around after last night."

"I remember when that used to be me." He smiled. I shook me head.

"Yeah, but that was back when you were hiding from your big bad older brother." I waved and left the house. I made my way to my house and up to my room. I knew I wouldn't be caught because everyone was gone. I went up to my room and changed out of last night clothes and into my pjs. I climbed into bed and plugged in my phone. I waited for sleep to take over me. I need sleep if I am going to deal with anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------

 "Do you know how easy it was to slip into your house?" Katherine asked through the phone. "To replace Jenna's vervain perfume and to switch out her tea."

"No." I said as I turned towards Jenna.

"Jenna has been my little spy for days and unlike you, Elena. She actually listens. So when I suggested that the world would be a much better place..." Elena turned to see Jenna about to stab herself.

"Jenna, no." Elena dropped the phone and ran over to Jenna along with Rick. They were helping her with her stab wounded but I walked over to the phone.

"Well, you get the idea." She said and was about to hang up.

"Yes, we do get it, Katherine." I said.

"Oh, the younger sibling comes on the phone. What did you want to say to me? Please I am all ears." I heard her taunt.

I felt myself fade. I didn't know what I was saying. But it seemed to get her attention. "Quod semper inveniamus et, Katarina." (He will always find you, Katarina." Then the line went dead. I dropped the phone when Elena came over to me.

"Dawn, What did you just say?" She shook me. "Dawn? What did you say?" I didn't hear her but, my body looked at her and then pushed her off of my cafefully. I made my way upstairs and into my room. I fell on my bed and passed out.

--------------------------------------------------------------

 I was sitting on the couch with Elena, Rick, and Jenna. We were watching the dullest movie in the world. It was something about werewoves or vampires. I don't really know I wasn't paying an attention. I was looked down at my phone, texting Tyler. We are still friends that night was a thing of the past and we are good with being friends. I am happy about that. I see Elena in the kitchen talking to Rick about something. I already know she is planing something I better go and get some real clothes on if she is going to do something. I quicly went up stairs and changed my clothes.

 I quicly went up stairs and changed my clothes

I made my way down and heard Elena say. "Hey, I am just gonna go to bed. You guys okay?" I watched her grab her keys and queitly sneak out the door. I followed out the back way.

"And you are going where?" I asked her as she walked to the car.

"To the party. I have to see what they are doing."

"Okay, well I am coming with you." I got in the car and she drove to the party. She went off to find Jeremy but I was drawn in the house. I walked around until I see this woman in a brown dress with a golden mask. I pulled her into another room. "Who are you?"

"I am just a plus one." She shook her head and tried to leave. I got a hold of her arm. She turned and seemd to get a good look at me. Her eyes widened and she stepped back. "Its not possible." She stuttered out. The look she gave me was pure fear. "You're dead. It's a trick." She rushed to the door. She was in a panic.

"Wait, what do you mean by that?" I tried to ask but she was gone before I knew it. I inhale a deep breath and wondered what happened. I have to tell Elena. I rushed out the door and furiuosly looked scanned the crowd. I left the house and descended down the steps outside. She has to be around here somewhere. I saw them by some pinic tables. I started to walk over to them but I stopped due to the pain. I cried out. I tried to get my hand to cover the wound but I couldn't reach that place on my back. I fell to the ground with blood spilling down and staining my shirt.

"Dawn?" I heard Jeremy yell as he ran over to me. I felt myself being stabbed in the arm. I quickly tore off my jacket and saw blood runing down my arm. I yelled out in pain. Jeremy brought me over to Elena. She was showing the same injuies as me. We both yelled out in pain.

"Its Katherine. They are linked to Katherine. Get them to stop. Now." Bonnie explained to Jeremy as he ran into the house.

"Bonnie, it hurts." Elena says. I feel this pain coursing through my body. I then look down and see a line cut into my hand. I cry out.

 "I can't break the spell, guys. I'm sorry. But I can try to take the pain away, okay?" she starts to chant something. I feel my eyes begining to flutter due to the pain. I start to hear yelling in my head. It is the voice again. Love, fight through it. I move my head to the side like I am trying to push it out. I am here for you. I won't let anything happen to you. I felt myself start to heal but Elena was still withering in pain.

"Stay with them." Bonnie said as she left us.

My eyes became blurred. I looked over at Elena. I grabbed on to her arm and I felt some of my energy flow into her. I started to feel better. I could actually sit up. I pulled my jacket on but I hissed with discomfort. It was small but it still hurt. I then stood up and straighted myself. I went off to find Elena. I walked up to her as she going to the car.

"Ready to go home?" I asked as she looked at me.

"Yes, I am. You want to drive?" I smiled at her and took the keys.

"Sure." I went to unlock the door. "By the way, Elena, I need to tell you something." Then someone grabbed me from behind. I struggle agaist them but their hand was over my mouth and they held me firmly. They dragged me away along with an unconscious Elena. He opened the back door and tried to force me in but I would not go. So he grabbed the side of the head and slammed my head down into the door. Then I saw black.