Chapter 34 Homecoming

I sat up from my bed the next day. I heard Elena talking to someone on the phone on the other side of my door. I rolled my eyes when she mentioned the car again. I bet she was talking to Bonnie or Caroline about it. I pushed the covers off my body and got up from the bed. I walked over to my closet. I stared for a bit looking for something to wear. I heard my phone vibrate and I went to get it. I picked it up and looked down at the message. It was from Bex.

I need your help.

I stared at the text for a minute and then I turned back to my closet to pulled out an outfit. I got dressed and just as I was putting up my hair, Elena walked into my room. She looked at me and sighed. "Are you going somewhere?"

"Rebekah texted me that she needs help with something

"Rebekah texted me that she needs help with something. I was going to head over there and see what's up." I explained as I put my phone and keys in my bag.

"She did?" Elena asked as she crossed her arms over her chest. "And you're just going to go over there as nothing has happened?"

"I was just going to see if something was wrong." I looked up from my bag. "Wait, do you know anything about it?" I asked.

"She just found out that Michael wasn't the one to kill her mother." She asked with a straight face. "Klaus killed her."

"Oh my god," I said as I left the room. I made my way down the stairs and went out the door. I climbed into the car with Elena behind me and made my way to the Salvatore house. I made my way into the house and the first thing on my mind was Rebekah. I walked into the parlor to see the Salvatore brothers and a very familiar man from both my sketchbook and the visions from yesterday. The three guys turned to me as I entered the room. I stared at the man who I remembered from my old life. The one who wants to kill Klaus, who chased him for a thousand years, who brought pain and fear to his own family and to me. "Michael."

"Hello, Cassandra. It has been a very long time." He said with a smile.

"Wait, who is Cassandra?" Elena asked from behind me. "Let me guess, The whole original wife thing, right?" She scoffed. I rolled my eyes at her and made my way down the stairs.

"Where is Bex?" I asked. "She texted me and I am here."

"She is upstairs. She will be down in a second." Damon said to me. "And btw she didn't text you. I did."

"Well, why didn't you just text me on your phone?" I crossed my arms over my chest and raised my eyebrow at him. "You know I would have come over no matter what."

"I didn't think about that until now." He smiled. "Anyways, we need your help to kill Klaus." I felt my heart sink a bit but I made sure my face stayed the same.

"We need you to convince him to come back." Elena states as she came down the steps.

"Yeah, sure. I will totally talk to the man that I can't stand at the moment." I said as I leaned on a table. "What is exactly the plan?"