Chapter 18 The Sacrifice

I laid in my bed and stared at my bookshelf. It was filled with my sketchbooks once again. Elena and Bonnie helped me pick up my mess. I didn't mean to break down like that. I was just in shock and I didn't handle it well. Bonnie took some of the sketches with her to see if her girmore could say anything about it. Elena filled me in on everything that has been happening. She told me what Katherine told her. Klaus. That is who she was running from. He was the one who wants to kill my sister to break some curse. The sun and the moon curse. It sounds a little misguided but if I said that out loud, I don't think anyone would have believed me. I sighed as I heard my phone go off for the hundredth time. It was either Caroline or Bonnie. I haven't really heard from Tyler. I should check on him, but I didn't make a move to get up. Instead, I just laid there. I looked out my window until I heard a knock at my door. "Come in," I said.

"How are you doing?" I heard Elena ask.

"I just found out that the person that I drew months ago is real. How do you think I'm doing?" I started but never looked at her. I felt a dip on the other side of my bed. I rolled over to see that she was now lying beside me.

"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you before. About this. I was wrong."

I sighed. "I know." I sat up in bed. "I didn't try much afterward."

"Do you want to do something today? You know like get out of the house and your room," she asked as my phone went off again. I glanced and saw it was Damon.

"Let me get ready," I said to her gloomily as I picked up my phone. Elena left to let me get ready. I clicked the answer button. "What do you want?"

"Can't I just check up on you?" he asked.

"You, no. because I know you always have an ulterior motive. So what do you want?" I stood up from my bed and walked over to my closet.

"No other motives. Just checking." He said and I rolled my eyes. "You know we used to be closer than this."

"Yeah, that was when you told me you loved me. Then two days later, you kissed Katherine thinking she was my sister."

"Yes and then you slept with Tyler." He added. "Now we are even."

"Me having sex with Tyler is different then what you did." I pulled out something at random. "You lied to me. You kissed Katherine. Then you told me, Stefan, and Elena, that you thought she was Elena. And then I slept with Tyler. Yeah, all of your things trump mine."

"And I'm sorry about that." He sighed. "But I never lied to you."

"Whatever Damon. I don't have the energy to fight with you." I sighed. "If you are wondering how I am, I'm dealing with it the best I can," I said that and hung up. I bit my lip and then walked into the bathroom to get ready.

 I bit my lip and then walked into the bathroom to get ready