Chapter 37 Bringing out the Dead

I sat in my bed sketching away. It was a family portrait of Elijah, Bex, Klaus, Mikael, and three others that I didn't really recognize. I have been working on this for the last two days. I glanced over to the vibrating phone that was next to me. I picked it up without looking at the Caller ID. I answered the call. "Hello."

"Dawn, my love." I sighed when I heard his voice and looked up from my book.

"What do you want?" I could hear his smile on the other side.

"I am having a dinner party tonight and I want you to come," he said as I leaned on my headboard.

"And who is exactly going to dinner?" I asked as I stood up from my bed and walked over to my closet.

"My brother and the Salvatore brothers." I picked up a dress to wear for the day and held it up to me in the mirror.

"You want me to go to a party with you, Elijah, Stefan, and Damon? Yeah, I don't see that happening." I said as I tossed the dress on my bed.

"When did I say Elijah?" He asked with a smirk. I rolled my eyes. "If I remember right, I saved Caroline's life for a day with you." He pointed out.

"Yes, a day like in the daylight." I sighed.

"Technically, my sweet, a day starts at 12 am and ends at 11:59. So unless you want to stay at my house to accommodate for the deal, I suggest you come tonight." He smiled as he threatened at the same time.

"Fine, what time do I have to be there?" I asked as I turned back to my closet as I pulled out a nice outfit for the dinner.

"Around 7. And please don't be late." He said as he hung up the phone. I rolled my eyes as I jumped in the shower to get ready for this dinner.

************************************

I stepped up to the door and knocked

I stepped up to the door and knocked. A moment later, Klaus opened the door and smiled when he saw me. "Ah, our last guest has arrived." He said as he stepped away from the entryway and showed me in. I stepped in only to be met with Stefan and Damon's shocked faces.

"What the hell is she doing here?" Damon asked as he stepped forwards.

"I invited her. She is a part of my family too, Damon. Might as well include her in tonight's fun." Klaus taunted as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to his body.

"I made a small deal," I explained to Damon. "He saves Caroline and I would spend time with him. Then he changed the deal and so I am here. Hopefully, this doesn't last as long as I think it will." I sighed as I stepped away from Klaus and to the table.

"Hopefully, you are right, Ms. Gilbert." I turned to the very familiar sound of Elijah. "We wouldn't want to keep you from anything important."

"Shall we?" Klaus asked as he gestured to the table. I rolled my eyes and sat down. unfortunately, it had to be next to Klaus. I watched as the women placed food in front of us and poured wine. I picked up the glass and drank it. "Try not to spoil your dinner, love with just wine," Klaus said to me softly. He then turned to Stefan who wasn't touching his food. "You lost your appetite."