Chapter 45 Growing Pains

I laid in my bed as I stared at the ceiling. I listened to the voices downstairs. Damon and Stefan were arguing about Elena again. I rolled my eyes at the usual drama. I am so over this crap. I rolled over to face the window as my door opened. "Dawn, maybe you should eat something."

"Go away, Elena," I said as she came into the room. I still felt my energy move around the room.

"Dawn, maybe we should talk." She sat as she sat on the bed.

"About the fact that I just lost my best friend or the fact that you are going to be a vampire?" I sighed as I looked out the window.

"Both. Or how about the fact that Klaus is dead. And how you shouldn't be in here because of his death?"

"I am not talking to you about this. Leave me alone." I said as I closed my eyes and taking a deep breath. I felt the bed drip as she laid down next to me.

"I am right here if you want to talk, D.," She said as she stayed in her spot.

I sighed. "You know what's weird, the fact that everyone is still alive but not Tyler," I said thinking out loud. "Now that I think about it, it is actually impossible."

"What do you mean?" she questioned.

"I was the one who turned Mary Porter. I crushed her throat and watched her die with my blood in her system." I said simply. "It was punishment for failing to kill me and falling for Niklaus. I turned her and Klaus turned me." I explained. "Klaus is your original bloodline. So, how is it that you all are alive but not Tyler." I turned my head to her as she looked at me with a shocked face.

"You waited until now to tell us? Why?" She said as she shot up from the bed.

"I don't know. But It's strange right." I said as my phone went off and I sat up in bed. "I get to keep the rest of you, but I lose my best friend. Then my sister who's in transition to become a vampire is coming into my room to tell me how I am supposed to feel." The room suddenly got heavy as she stepped away from me. "What's the matter, Elena? Didn't you want to talk?" I asked as she fell to the ground feeling heavy. She looked like a ton of weights were weighing her down. I looked down at my phone to see that it was from Bex. She was being taken by the council. I sighed and stood up from the bed and walked over to my closet. "I don't want to talk, Elena. Let me feel nothing for a bit while you deal with being a vampire. Because there is no way around the transition. No matter what Bonnie finds, nothing will change what you are now. A vampire." I said as I got dressed and left the room to help Bex. 

*********************************************************

I sat in my car on the side of the road waiting. I checked my phone again to make sure I was on the right road. I had Bonnie spell my phone like hers so I could find my friends. It just so happened that Caroline is with Bex. So, I get to save two birds with one stone. I watched the dots on my map get closer to me. "Right on time," I said as I looked up to see a group of cars come over the hill down the road. I opened my door and stepped out of my car. I stepped out into the middle of the road. I watched as the vehicles came over the hills and turn down my street. They came at me with full force. I watched as the men in the cars cock their guns as if they were about to shoot first and ask questions second. I rolled my eyes and focused on the van. I felt the unhinged magic fly toward and smash into the front of the vehicles. They flew to either side of me and screech to a halt. Two more police cars turned around and came right at me. I waved my hand and stared at the car soar through the air. It crashed into a fence. Blood spilled everywhere, fires burned the metal, glass was scattered around me.