Chapter 36 Our Town

I opened my eyes and stared up at the ceiling. I listened to Jeremy talk about the new school he is going to in Denver. I sighed and turned over to my side. My hand reached out to pick up my phone. I checked the time. Almost time for school. I sat up in bed and tossed my phone to the side. I got up from the bed and went to my closet to pull out an outfit.

 I got up from the bed and went to my closet to pull out an outfit

I got dressed and headed out of the house. To school, I go. I thought to myself. I climbed into my car and drove to hell, I mean school. I parked my car in a parking spot and climbed out. I walked to the building but stopped when I saw Tyler and Caroline. I looked over and watched as Tyler handed Care a present and walked away. He looked up and saw me. I watched as Caroline climbed back in her car and left. "What was that about?" I asked him as he made his way to me.

"I thought you weren't talking to me after what I did." He stated as he looked to his feet.

"Is that what you want? For me not to talk to you?" I asked as we made our way to the school building. "Because I can do that."

"No, I'm happy at least you're still talking to me." He sighed.

"Hey, I am with you until the end. No matter what happens." I said as I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Besides I feel like you are the only one, I can really talk to about everything that is happening to me," I said as he opened the door for us and I walked in.

"Well, what's the matter?" he sighed like he really didn't want to listen to me right now.

"Hey, we can talk about it later. When you feel better." I said as we walked to my locker. "Besides I have a big group project to discuss with my art class today. So, this can wait." I said as I didn't really look at him.

"Really?" His voice brightens up a bit. "I will see you later then." He said as he scurried away. I sighed and opened my locker to pulled out my books.

****************************************************

I was at home laying on my bed sketching away. Elena told me that she took Caroline to celebrate her death instead of her birthday and didn't really want me there. I thought it was up to Caroline but whatever. I was sketching away when I heard the doorbell ring. I looked up from my book and made my way down the stairs. I opened the door and there stood Klaus. "Hello, love." He said as he stood there with a smile. I looked at him for a good few moments before I shut the door. I rolled my eyes and began to walk up the stairs but the doorbell rang again. I turned back around and made my way back to the door and opened it. "Didn't you see me here?"

"I did. That's why I shut the door." I said as I leaned against the door frame.

"Come on, love. Don't be angry." He said with a smile.

"I have every right to be angry," I said as his smile fell a bit. "You had my best friend hang out with my brother just to get him off vervain. Then you compelled him to stand in the middle of the street to get hit by a car. I have every right to be mad." I said as I stared at him. "Then here is the icing on the cake that you made. Tyler has lost all of his friends because of you. He lost his girlfriend today. You compelled Stefan's emotions away and because of that, he wants revenge so he stole your family away which you shouldn't have kept in boxes in the first place. So, your only form of retaliation is to go after every one that I love. And on top of that, you have Rebekah back but you haven't un-dagger her yet because you know that she found out that you killed your mother. You would rather have her sit in a box than deal with an angry Bex." I ranted as he just stood there and took everything I said. "Why aren't you saying anything?" I asked as I stared at him.