Chapter 1 Pilot

Present-day

I woke up to the sound of an alarm. I opened my eyes and looked around the room. I didn't feel like getting up for school. I laid in the bed just listening to the person next to me breathe in softly. I rolled over to the side and pressed snooze on the alarm. I looked out the window and then took a deep breath in and flung the covers off of my body. They were now on top of the body next to me. I got out of the bed walked over to the mirror on the other side of the room and looked at myself. Looking at myself, I saw the small circles under my eyes and readjusted my tank top and shorts. With another sigh, I ran my hand through my hair to pull out a few of the knots. Before I could walk in the connected bathroom to take a shower, there was a knock at the door.

"Tyler?" I heard his mom say. "Are you up?"

"No, he is not up yet, Mrs. Lockwood," I answered her and opened the door for her to peek in. She looked at me with a smile.

"Dawn, I didn't know you stayed the night again." I leaned on the door.

Yea, we just crashed. I hope you don't mind. " I rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

"No, that's okay. I was just going to let him know that there are coffee and breakfast in the kitchen. But I guess you can tell him when he wakes up." I could tell that she was happy to see her son with someone other than Vicky. Well, we have to go. We will see you guys later. "

"Bye, Mrs. Lockwood." I waved bye to her and then closed the door.

"What did she want?" I heard a voice behind me.

"For you to get up and go to school," I said as I walked to the bathroom. "And the coffee is downstairs." I closed the door behind me. As I got into the shower, I heard him get out of bed and walk downstairs to get some food. When I was good and clean, I stood under the water for a moment and took a deep breath. Then I turned the water off and stepped out to see a fresh towel was hung up for me. I rolled my eyes and wrapped it around my body. I walked out of the bathroom to find Tyler sitting on the bed while holding out a cup of coffee for me. I said a quick thank you and grabbed it and went into the closet and started to grab some of my clothes that I stored here. 

"Hey, are you going to be at tryouts today?" He asked me as he went into the bathroom

"Tryouts? Didn't you make the team with Matt? " I asked as I pulled my jeans on.

"I did. The tryouts are for the new kids. Are you going to come and watch it?"

"No, I am going to be helping my art teacher clean up." I heard the water turn on while I walked out while pulling the rest of my outfit on. "Plus, aren't you going to be with Vicky?"

"Do not." I've walked out with a towel on and into the closet. "Why would I?"

I rolled my eyes. "Because you two are dating?" I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth. But before he could answer, I interrupted with, "Your parents are gone."