Chapter 14 Founder's Day

"This dress hurts," Elena complained as Jenna helped her. I was curling her hair to fit the profile of old times.

"Suck it up," I said as I finished the last curl. "Okay, let me get dress and we can leave."

"Okay." I went into my room and pulled my clothes off the bed.

" I went into my room and pulled my clothes off the bed

I got dressed and went to collect my phone

I got dressed and went to collect my phone. I looked down and saw a few missed messages. "Dawn, are you coming?" Jenna yelled from downstairs.

"Coming." I picked up my phone and went down to meet up with Jenna.

We got to the parade site. There were a bunch of people everywhere. I was on the lookout for Bonnie because we said we would watch the parade together. Elena saw Stefan and she walked over to him. I walked around and found Caroline and Matt taking pictures with Bonnie.

"Wait, hide your cast. It doesn't fit the theme." I smiled and Bonnie snapped the picture. "I want one with Bonnie."

"I'll take it," Tyler said as he took the camera. Matt looked annoyed at Tyler and then left. "I said I was sorry."

Caroline scoffed. "You made out with his mother then beat him up. You are going to have to do then sorry." Then she strutted away.

"You guys will get through this, Ty." I rubbed his shoulder. "Besides I can't wait to see your float." He smiled at me and then wrapped his arm around me.

"I bet it sucks."

"Well, if you are on it, it will." I laughed and pulled me in jokingly.

"Whatever." We walked away with Bonnie following behind.

Tyler was just getting on the float when I saw Jeremy. I went to him.

"Jeremy, you're float looks good."

"Thanks, D. I have to get on the float now." He rushed to say like he didn't want to talk to me.

"Is everything okay?" I looked up at him.

"Yeah, it's just the parade is about to start." I nodded my head and turned to Bonnie. I held out my hand and she took it. We walked to find a spot to watch the parade. We watched the marching band go back. We watched the history float go by. I saw Tyler 'shoot' Jeremy. It was fun to watch. The mystic court float stopped in front of us and Elena waved out to us with a wide smile. By the line of sight was blocked by Damon who waved back. I felt Bonnie tense up a bit next to me. She let go of my hand as Damon turned to face us.