Chapter 27: The birthday

WELCOME TO SEASON THREE, MY PRETTIES. I am so happy that so many of ya'll are reading this and actually like it. Thank you so much. Anyways, I hope ya'll like the next chapters. HAPPY READING!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think it's been a while since I actually looked up at the stars. The last time I stared up at the night sky was with Damon after he told me he loved me. I wish I could go back to that simple time. I watched the stars glow brightly as I laid on the roof of the car that Klaus stole back in Florida. I sighed as I heard a scream coming from the house that was only a few feet from me. I turned my head to look at the rustic house. I saw the screen door open. Klaus stepped out of the house with a grin and made his way back to the car. I just turned my head to look back up at the stars. I wonder what Tyler is doing. Would they be getting ready for my birthday or mourn Elena's?

"What are you thinking about, love?" I heard Klaus asked.

"I was wondering about Elena," I answered with a sign. "I was thinking about how she will never be 18. Or go to college. Or live the rest of her life." I said. I turned my head to look at him. He had a sort of sad face but after a whole summer with him. you pick up when he actually means it.

"You're still thinking about this?" he asked as if I would have gotten over it by now. I sighed and looked back up at the sky.

"Forget it. It's not like I could actually talk to you about this." I looked up at the moon. Almost full. "All you care about is hunting werewolves."

"That is not true." He corrected as he leaned on the car. "I care about you."

"You have a very funny way of showing it." I sat up on my elbows. "So where are we off to now? I really hope that it is someplace where I don't have to wait by the car while you and Stefan go off and embrace being vampires." I watched a smile come to his face. I rolled my eyes and looked up to see a now bloody Stefan walk out of the house.

"Are you jealous?" Klaus asked as he held out his hand for me to take it.

"Of your and Stefan's unbreakable bond?" I said with sarcasm. "Oh, never," I then slid off the back end of the car away from Klaus much to his disappointment.

"We are going to Tulley." He said as he walked over to the driver's side.

"Where the hell is that?" I asked as Stefan got into the car without even looking at me. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't really know but the nice girls said that our friend Ray hangs out in a bar called Southern Comfort. So that is where we're going." He explained as he opened my door.

"Do you know if we could stop somewhere before we get there?" I asked as I leaned on the car door.

"Why?" I heard Stefan asked from inside the car. I smirked and brought my hand up. I placed my fingers in my mouth and whistled. I looked over next to the trees and a cute golden lab comes trotting over to the car. I smiled and moved aside so that the dog could jump in the back seat.

"Because I think we will need to," I smirked at Klaus. He did not look amused in any way. I turned back to Stefan and saw that he had a smile on his face as he wiped the dog's owner's blood from his face. "I mean it is the least you could do. Besides I thought you were always a dog person, Klaus." He narrowed his eyes at me and I just smiled and climbed in the car. The lab laid down on the seat and placed his head on my lap. I heard the door slam shut beside me. I placed my hand on the dog's head and looked out the window as Klaus drove away from Rudy's old house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dropping Rudy off at an animal hospital, Klaus drove us the right to the bar. He parked the car and I immediately hopped out. I stretched my legs and wiped some of the dog hairs from my shirt. I saw Stefan walk into the bar and get busy compelling people. I was about to walk in when I was stopped by a voice. "You know I did not find that at all funny, Love." I turned around to see Klaus climb out of the car.