The Colossal Titan

Your boots splashed through the mud as you ran along in the rain. Your coat was barely doing anything as the rain came down, soaking your face and clothes. Shadis was yelling in the front, the only word you could make out was "Arlert". The baggage strapped onto your back had begun to take a toll.

Your shoulders were sore, along with your legs. Marco was beside you, panting as you made the run uphill. The group continued running as Shadis fell back on his horse to stay with Armin. You quickly glanced behind you to see Armin far behind the group.

You noticed another cadet falling behind and going to Armin. He was a larger boy, who you believed to be Reiner. He was muscular and definitely one of the ones who would make it to the top ten of the division.

You looked back forward and continued up the hill as Shadis shouted.

After everyone had finally made it to the training area with their gear, the weather had cleared up. The rain was replaced by the bright sun. You quickly threw your gear off your back and began placing everything on our hips. The first couple of times you had put on ODM gear, you had struggled, but you were now practically a pro.

"There will be titan dummies out there for you to slaughter! Don't forget, I'll be watching!" Shadis yelled as everyone scrambled to get their gear ready. Once you were ready, you set out into the tall trees before you. You enjoyed the feeling you got up in the air.

The wind blew in your face, cooling you down. Being up high with the trees made you feel invincible. You searched the area for the large titan dummies. You spotted one behind a tree. The tall wood stood out amongst the bright green leaves. You flew over to the dummy, getting your swords ready to slash through the nape.

You came in at top speeds, bringing your swords down and slicing through the tough material. "Yes!" You celebrated your job and looked back at the titan dummy as it fell down onto the earth. "Not bad, L/N." You heard a voice behind you and you looked to see Jean speeding by.

"Oh yeah! Let me know how many you get!" You held up your hand and gave him the finger as he vanished into the trees. You looked around some more, looking for your next target, determined to make sure you got the most you could.

It wasn't long until all of the dummies had been slashed open. You came speeding towards the ground and landed heavily with the group. "Let me guess... you got one, Kirstein?" You walked up to Jean, who was talking with Marco. "Yeah, yeah. You shouldn't embarrass yourself." Jean crossed his arms and looked down at you.

"Mhm. How is my 15 for you?" Jean hesitated before turning away from you and back to Marco. "Good job Y/N!" Marco gave you a thumbs up as you walked away. One point to you.

You raised your hands up, focusing on Mina in front of you. You knew you needed to show off your skills, but she looked too fragile. You shook your head and quickly swung at her torso. You hit her arm and she immediately lowered her hands. Without mercy, you swiped your foot, sending her crashing to the ground.

"Jeez, where did you learn that?" Mina giggled as you helped her off the hard ground. "Let's just say there was a lot of kids that lived near me." You looked around and scanned the area to see how the other cadets were doing. The pair that caught your attention was Eren and the blonde girl you saw one night at dinner. Annie.

You could barely see any moves done, before Eren was on the ground. "Holy shit." You muttered under your breath as you saw Annie walk away from Eren. She definitely knew how to fight. Annie had stopped in front of Reiner. You couldn't catch what they were saying, but ultimately, Annie walked away.

You looked back at Mina, who was looking as well. "Annie is strong, I wonder where she is from." Mina watched as Annie walked away from the two boys. "I have no idea." You shook your head and looked to Eren and Reiner. There were a lot of candidates for the top 10 spots.