War Criminal

You twirled the small piece of paper in your hand as you laid on your bed. The sound of the pouring rain hadn't stopped since the morning, setting the mood for the entire day. You frowned as you flipped the paper once again to look at the small picture of Sasha that Jean had drawn for you. On the back of the paper in small writing it read: She's watching from above.

You sat up from your bed, groaning at the stabbing pain in your elbow. From time to time you had were reminded of when you injured your arm in the early days in the scouts. Your arm had never fully healed and still ached. You sat up from the bed and tossed the drawing back onto your dresser.

You reached for the door handle and slowly cracked open the door. It was dead silent in the hallway as you peeked your head out. You looked around for anyone, but no one was in sight. You stepped out into the hallway and shut your bedroom door.

You walked down the winding hallway until you eventually reached the large double doors that led outside. You pushed them open, allowing the strong wind and rain to pull you outside.

You quickly shut the doors behind you and walked down the stairs of the headquarters. You folded your arms across your chest as you walked through the pouring rain. Your clothes clinger to you as they became soaked and your air stuck to the side of your face.

You didn't make it far before you broke down. You collapsed onto the ground and dug your knees into the muddy soil. "Damn it!" You screamed out as you began to sob into your hands. You sobbed uncontrollably, the pain in the back of your throat became unbearable as you cried out.

It was hard for you to hold back your coughing as you found it hard to breathe through the tears. "Y/N! Y/N!" You heard muffled shouting behind you, but didn't turn back. You kept your face in your hands as you heard the people splashing through the mud.

"What the hell are you doing out here?!" Jean's voice was recognizable even though the loud rain. He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you up. You felt another pair of arms wrap around your side, helping Jean get you up. "We need to get them inside before they catch a cold." It was Armin. His voice was soft and you could sense the worry behind it.

The two boys walked you up the steps and back inside the headquarters. "Y/N, what were you thinking?!" Jean grabbed onto your shoulders, twisting you around and pulling you into his chest. "I'm sorry." You mumbled into his chest. "Don't apologize. If you feel that way just talk to me, okay? I miss her too. You're not alone." Jean let go of you and looked to Armin.

"Y/N. They locked up Eren. We thought we'd let you know now." Armin looked down at the ground as he spoke. "Really?" Armin nodded his head and walked down the hallway with you and Jean. "Hange is going to talk to him, so we'll see what will happen." You let out a sigh and stared down at your muddy clothes. "What the hell is happening to everyone?"

"I don't know. But we're meeting with Connie and Mikasa. Come on." Jean placed his arm around your shoulder and pressed his lips to your forehead. "Can I get changed first?" You pointed down to your clothes and Jean nodded. "We should all change." Jean let go of you and pushed you towards your room door.

You walked slowly up the staircase towards the door that stood at the end of the hallway. You knocked lightly on the door and entered the room. Jean and all the others were sitting around the coffee table in the middle of the room. The room was silent as you sat down next to Jean, your hands placed neatly on your knees.

"To think Commander Pyxis would go as far as to detain the volunteers." Jean pressed his fingers to his stubbly Chin as he looked down at the table. "Since they and the Scouts are so close, we weren't told in advance." Armin was hunched over, now changed into a light blue cardigan.

"I'm sure he didn't have much choice." Jean leaned back in the chair and stretched his arm, placing it around your shoulder and pulling you into his side. "Now Eren is onboard with Zeke's place. Whatever the two of them talked about is something only they know." You pursed your lips and looked to Connie who was staring out the window.

"Hey. Did that look like Eren to you guys? Not me. That wasn't Eren. If he's made up his mind to side with his half-brother over us..." Connie's hands were shoved in his pockets as he stood at the window. "If he has, then what?" Mikasa spoke as she looked over to Connie out of the corner of her eye.

"We've got to be prepared to cut him down if necessar-" "I won't let you!" Mikasa raised her voice and Connie looked back in shock. You could feel Jean's entire body tense up beside you. "Are you siding with him too, Mikasa?" Connie's eyes shook as he stared directly at Mikasa.

"I don't think it will come to that." She toned down her voice and looked down at her knees. "Eren cares about us more than anyone. You guys should know that. Maybe that's why he's so hostile to anyone who isn't us. He cares too much."

"That's not it." Jean moved his arm from around you and hunched over, placing his elbows on his knees. "No matter how strong you were, the old him tried to keep you off the front lines. But he made Armin destroy the port and pulled you into the fight." Jean said as he looked up at Mikasa.

You recalled back to the training days where Eren was always worried about Mikasa and Armin. They were never apart, but now, he seemed to disregard them. "It's because he trusts us. If we hadn't gone, he couldn't have done it." Mikasa spoke fast as she tried to argue with Jean.

"And Sasha wouldn't have died." You muttered and everyone turned to you. "Mikasa... When Sasha died. What did Eren do?" Connie asked as he stared down at her. "Did he cry? Did he regret his actions?"

"Connie, stop." Jean's voice was low as he looked over at you, to see the tears begin to appear in your eyes. "He laughed. What part of it was funny? What part of Sasha dying? Explain it to me, Mikasa. Why was Eren laughing? You know everything about him, right?" Connie spoke through gritted teeth as Mikasa stared up at him.

You kept your head down low as Jean's hand slid onto your thigh. "We'll talk to Eren. Just me, Mikasa and him. We'll find out his goal." Armin spoke out and you lifted up your head. "But will it help> What if his goals are the same as Zeke's?" You asked and Armin looked off to the side.

"Now that the military has Titan serum, we've got options-" "Armin!" Mikasa blurted out, but he continued. "The option of making someone we trust into a Titan, who would then inherit Eren's founding titan."

Author's Note: Since this fanfiction is nearing the end of season 4 part 1, that means I'll be stopping the updating until part two comes out. In the mean time I will be writing another Jean x reader but I wanted your guy's opinion on whether it should be more fluff or smutty... Thanks for reading!