Don't Worry About Me

"Holy shit. I like these." You twisted your body as you looked in the mirror at your figure. The black long sleeve shirt and pants that clung to your skin. The black straps wrapped around your legs and held the new ODM gear in place. It was a lot lighter and a lot less bulk than the pervious gear.

You patted the armor that was placed over your chest. The Wings of Freedom stood out against the silver chest plate. "They're alright." Jean came up behind you and pushed you aside to look at himself in the mirror. You looked at him as he ran his fingers through his hair.

You admired his muscular body as he posed. "You're not some model, Jean." Connie pushed him away from the mirror to show off his uniform. "Fuck you." Jean scoffed and walked behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist as he pulled you close to him.

"I think they're nice. The gear has definitely improved." Sasha finished securing her straps and stood up. "I wonder how long until we have to fight in these." You unstrapped the chest plate from you and gently rested it on your bed. "Stop thinking about that. It's only been a couple of weeks since we left Marley." Jean hit the side of your head and kissed the spot afterwards.

"I love you guys, so no matter what, we'll make it through together. Right?" Connie grabbed you all into a big hug. You wrapped your arms around the others and held onto them tightly. "I really don't want to lose you guys. We have each other's backs out there."

You patted Connie and Sasha's heads as they nodded. Jean stayed silent as he eyes were fixed on the floor. You all slowly pulled away from the group hug and looked around at each other. "Come on Connie, let's leave the love birds alone and go visit Niccolo!" Sasha put her arm around his neck and placed him in a headlock. "I don't want to see your boyfriend!"

Connie's arms flailed as he tried to resist, but Sasha dragged him out of the room. "He's not my boyfriend, you dipshit!" They soon disappeared down the hallway and Jean walked towards the door, closing it shut. "What's wrong, horseface?" You frowned as you walked up to him, bringing your hand up to his chin.

You ran your fingers over the stubble that was growing down the side of his face. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me." Jean leaned in, kissing your forehead. You bit your lip as you looked at his face. His hair was now past his chin and had many layers. As the years had passed he had matured, but he was still the same Jean that got on your nerves in training.

"Jesus, stop working Y/N." Jean lifted your head up, pressing his lips to yours to give you a soft kiss. "I can't help it. I know you feel pressured and-" "I told you don't worry. I'm just tired. That's all." Jean pulled you close to him, resting his chin on top of your head.

Your face was pressed to his cold chest plate as you held onto him. "I can't afford to lose you Y/N. We've already lost Marco. I hate you being a Commanding Officer. I know you deserve it, but I'm scared." Jean's voice shook as he held onto you tightly. "Jean, I'll be fine. I don't want to lose you either, but we'll have each other to look after." You rubbed circles in his back to try and soothe him.

"I love you. Please just stay with me until the end."