Alone

You sat on the crate as Levi stood up and headed towards the man tied up in the corner. "It's about time we see what he says." Levi strutted towards him and the man began to panic. "I'm just an old man used for moving wagons around the-" "I've seen this guy before." Mikasa said as she glared at the man.

"In the city, people were calling him Boss." The man looked as Mikasa pointed at him. "Yeah, I know. Dimo Reeves, right?" Levi asked and the man clicked his tongue. You stood up from the crate, Jean and Armin watching as you stood behind Levi and Mikasa. "We were just following orders the Military police forced on us..." Reeves avoided looking at Levi or Mikasa.

"They'll make sure al my employees die in so-called accidents." Reeves gritted his teeth. The Reeves Company brings people and work together. If the company was gone for good, just how few would survive the winter?" Levi's words caught Reeves' attention.

"Are you suggesting I team up with you?" Reeves looked up at Levi. Jean, Connie and Armin were now standing beside you, all paying attention to Reeves. "We just need to know where Eren and Historia are."

"But will you be able to keep my city and employee's from starving?" Levi knelt down in front of Reeves. "You can trust that we'll move towards that end."

"Where are you going?" Jean snuck of behind you, causing you to jump. "We're close to my house. Captain Levi gave me permission to make a quick stop. I should see my father." You pulled your cloak over you and turned around to look at Jean.

"Let me come with you. Things aren't too safe right now." Jean headed over to the crate where his cloak sat and grabbed it. "Thanks. It shouldn't be too long. We need to get back here before we take off with Reeves. Jean nodded his head and followed you out of the building.

You couldn't help but feel anxious as you turned onto the street your house sat on. Your stomach felt like it was in several knots as you approached your house. It looked almost empty. You hadn't been here in forever, but nothing had changed. "Don't be so nervous. t's just your father." Jean patted your shoulder as he walked up to the door and knocked.

"Jean! I wasn't ready." You frowned as he stepped back and you waited for the door to be answered. A minute had passed by and still no answer. "Maybe he isn't home." You craned your neck to see if there were any lights on in the house. "I'm sure Mrs. Fischer will know where he is." You pointed to the house next to yours.

You and Jean scooted over there and quietly knocked on the door. It didn't take long for a middle-aged woman to answer the door. "Guys! Settle down!" She turned around and shouted as the sound of running feet came to a silence. "Mrs. Fischer. Is my father not home?"

Fischer smiled brightly at you, her arms reaching out towards you. "Oh my god! Y/N! You've grown up so much!" She wrapped her arms around your neck, pulling you into a tight hug. "I know I haven't visited since I went to training. There was never a right time. I just want to see my father before I leave Trost."

Fischer's smile slowly faded and she quickly disappeared into her house, the door still hanging open. You turned to Jean, who was focused on the door. You could feel your anxiety building up as the woman came back to the door, holding a wooden box. "Y/N. I really didn't want to be the one to give this to you."

She held out the box and you grabbed it with shaky hands. "My father-" "He passed away about a year ago from illness. He gave me this just in case you ever came to visit. I'm sorry dear." Mrs. Fischer gently closed the door to her house as you stood there, staring down at the box.

"Y/N..." Jean slid his arm over your shoulder as you took the lid off the box. Your breath was shaky as you tried to hold back the tears. In the box was all your favorite childhood items, as well as a note that was folded up. "I-I didn't come back. I was too late." You began to sob as you held onto the box.

Your tears fell, soaking your hands and the contents of the box. "Y/N. I'm so sorry." Jean pulled you into a hug as you sobbed into his chest. "He died alone. I was all he had. He was all I had." You choked on your tears as they ran down your face, slipping into your mouth.

Jean stayed silent as he continued to hold you, his shirt getting soaked by your tears and snot. Once your sobbing began to calm down, you pulled away from Jean and looked down at the ground. "Come one. We should get back." You began walking down the street, Jean quickly following you. "Y/N I'm here and-" "I know Jean. Let's just get back."