Commanding Officer

Your knees were pressed against your chest as you sat in the circle of your comrades. "I guess me being the successor of Erwin, the Commander of the Scout Regiment, I just have to grin and bare it." Hange frowned as they stood up and joined Levi. "Levi. Me, you, Eren, and Mikasa will get to Eren's basement. The rest of you stay here." Hange said as everyone began to stand up.

Your eyes felt droopy as you stared at your feet. Your shoes were terribly torn from running through the rubble. The cape around you was torn as well. "We really did it, huh?" You looked at Armin, who was laying down next to you. "I knew we'd do it all along. Never doubted us for a minute." Connie smiled as he pulled you and Jean into a hug.

"What do you think will happen now? Hange is the Commander and whatever the hell we find in that basement..." Jean muttered as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Don't stress about it. It'll help humanity." You nudged Jean in the side, resting your head on his shoulder.

He titled his head so that his head was leaning on yours. "Ew, get a room will you." Connie scrunched up his face and imitated the sound of vomiting. "You're just jealous." Sasha sung as she giggled. "What do you see in Horseface anyways?" Connie raised his eyebrows as he looked at you two up and down.

"To be honest, I don't even know myself." You chuckled, earning a glare from Jean. "You know they has that drawing from you hung up, right? They wouldn't stop smiling at it." Sasha slowly sat up, holding her head where the bandages were wrapped. "I'm glad my hard-work didn't go to waste."

You looked in the mirror as you adjusted the long green coat. You turned around to look at the Scouts emblem on the back and a large grin formed on your face. "I like these new uniforms." You turned to Jean, Connie and Sasha as they put on their coats.

There was a knock at the door and you all immediately stood up straight. Hange poked their head in, looking around until their eyes fell on you. "Jean and Y/N. Come with me." They opened the door wider so that you and Jean could get through. You closed the door behind you and you thee headed down the hallway.

"You're coming with me to see Historia." Hange took long strides down the large hallway. "Sorry, but why us?" You looked to Jean and he just shrugged his shoulders. "There's been changes in positions, as you know. Well, you both are Commanding Officers now." Hange looked back at you two and smiled, before opening the doors to a room.

"C-Commanding officers?" You nearly choked on your spit as you entered the room. You could see Historia sitting near the window, dressed in the Scout Regiment uniform.

Hange walked up to her as you and Jean sat down I the large sofa. Hange came back over to you guys as Historia unfolded the letter. You watched as Historia's eyes glided over the paper. She soon looked up at you. "Is that all there was?" She asked as she set the letter down on the table in front of her.

"Yes. I doubt she would be able to write anything to help us." Hange said and Historia nodded. "Ymir's such a dummy." Historia let out a sigh and gazed out the window. The sound of knocking came from the door and Levi's voice came from the other side. "We're here." The door opened and Eren, Mikasa and Armin walked in.

Historia stood up, walking up the the three. They slowly bowed as she stood in front of them. "S-stop it. It's not an official position yet." Historia waved her hands and they slowly rose. "It's about time we get going." Levi looked to you all and you nodded. Jean grabbed your hand as you both rose from the couch and walked towards the door.

The large court room was silent as Darius Zachary sat alongside Historia in the front of the room. You looked over as Jean and Hange began gathering papers from the table. "The Early Life of Grisha Jaeger. The Extent of Our Knowledge of Titan and Their History. Information About the World Beyond the Walls."

Zachary read the names of the three books that sat in front of him. "The only people who know about the existence of these books are the people here in this room." He looked around and his eyes rested on you and your comrades. :These were gained by the efforts of ten living scouts and the 199 others who are not here today."

"Scout Regiment Commander, Hange Zoe." Hange rose from their seat to stand before Zachary. "The Scouts have lost a great deal, including Erwin Smith, but we have retaken Wall Maria and stolen the Colossal Titan powers. Humanity that lives within the walls remains in a precarious situation. The real enemy we have been fighting are humans. A civilization."

Hange went on to talk about Ymir's Subjects, the ones that can turn into titans, also known as you. They also talked about Eren's dad, who was entrusted with giving the powers of the Founding Titan. You listened intently as Hange talked about the plan to have Eren take on the Founding Titan powers.

All of a sudden Eren's chair flew back and he bolted up "Uh I-" He stood there silently and everyone turned their eyes to him. "What is it, our Titan?" Zachary said, but Eren remained silent. "It's nothing. Sorry for interrupting." Eren sat back down in his seat and the meeting resumed.

Historia cleared her throat. "We all share the same fate, living in the walls. We must unite as one and bring our entire strength together."

You stood next to Jean, almost touching his side as you all waited in the room. Hitch appeared, walking towards you guys. "Hitch." You muttered as she came closer. "I just came to see you guys receive your medals." She smiled and stood in front of you and Jean. "Hitch. Marlo was brave all the way till the end." Jean said as he lifted his head up to look at her.

You felt your eyes tear up as you thought about him, one of the lives lost to the Beast Titan. Hitch looked down at the ground, her smile vanishing. "Right, Floch? Tell her." Jean turned to the red headed boy, placing his hand on his shoulder. Floch nodded and looked to Hitch.

"He was part of the urgent recruits like me... I'm sure he regretted being there." Floch furrowed his eyebrows. You looked at Hitch to see her eyes widen, and you could tell it made her upset. "Great, Floch." You rolled your eyes at him as Hitch walked away. "Why did you do that?" Jean said sternly as Floch clenched his fists.

"Someone has to tell the truth." Floch looked to Armin. "I know how desperate you were to revive Commander Erwin." Armin stood straight as Floch stepped towards him. "Right. It should have been Commander, not you. I'm not the only one that thinks that."

Armin's head lowered and you grabbed onto Floch's shoulder, gripping him tightly. "The reason Armin was chosen is because you and Levi made a totally irrational decision!" Floch said and Eren stomped towards him. "Floch, keep your mouth shut." You gritted your teeth and Jean quickly stepped in.

"What the hell is wrong with you two!" Jean pushed Eren and Floch apart. "Let's not do this during a funeral for our fallen comrades." Jean looked to Floch. "You didn't stand up to your superiors. All you could do was watch. Medals for what? You guys better tell the truth in order to get new recruits, so you won't get cowards like me joining by accident." Floch raised his fists as he shouted at you and the others.

"What the hell are we supposed to do now without Erwin?! Everyone has the right to decide what is worth dying for." Floch looked at the ground as everyone remained silent. You slowly stepped away from him and back towards Jean. "None of us know what the future has to hold. What s there beyond the walls?" Eren looked to the sulking Armin. "The sea." Armin's eyes lit up.

"None of us know anything! Fiery water, lands of ice, sandy snowfields! The possibilities are endless. On the other side of the wall, freedom is-" Eren suddenly stopped. You looked to Jean, who was focused on Eren as well. "Hey, brats. It's time, line up." Levi approached you all, pointing to the side.

You kneeled down on one knee before Historia. Your hand was crossed over your chest as she came around, placing the medals over everyone's heads. She came over in front of you.

She gently took the medal, placing it around your neck. She placed her hand in front of you and you lightly grabbed it, bringing your lips to her soft hand. She went on down the line, finishing up the ceremony.

Once it was all over, you all crowded around each other again before heading off to the Scouts headquarters. "Commanding Officers?! The fuck!" Sasha looked at you and Jean in disbelief. "Oh, yeah." You became shy and slightly hid yourself behind Jean. "All my hard work has paid off." Jean stood confidently, wrapping his arm around his shoulder.

"What hard work? You wouldn't even be here if-" Connie laughed out loud and Jean swiftly hit his. "Let's just get back to the Headquarters, I can't wait to relax."