The Battle of Trost

Amongst all of the smoke and rubble, you spotted Eren flying back up the wall. "Jesus that kid." There was another loud crashing noise and you looked up to see the titan swinging his arm and taking out the cannons. "Shit." You muttered under your breath as you shot yourself up the sides of the wall.

You landed on your feet back on top of the wall, the others shortly following you. "Where the hell is it?!" You looked around, but the Colossal titan was nowhere in sight. Eren came back down onto the wall, landing between you and Connie. "He suddenly appeared and then disappeared!"

Eren shouted out in frustration. "Eren, we have no time to focus on that. There's another hole in the wall." You grabbed onto Eren's shoulder, trying to get through his thick skull. "We have to hurry and seal it before titans get in again!" Connie was looking down onto Trost.

It was happening in your hometown, something you weren't expecting to happen so soon. You looked over the district and spotted all the familiar streets. "What are you doing?! The Colossal Titan Response Operation is already underway!" A Garrison member landed onto the wall near your group.

You all had already lined up, your fists to your chest. "Report to HQ at once. Anyone whos come into contact with it, remember to give a report!" The Garrison looked between you, Eren and Connie. "Yes, sir! We pray for the advance team's success." Connie shouted as the Garrison member went back into the district.

"Make sure you have enough fuel refills and blade refills!" Someone shouted amongst the chaos in HQ. You quickly loaded your ODM Gear, double-checking to make sure everything was correct. Once you had gotten everything ready, you ran out of the HQ and into the clear area.

There were already some cadets that were lined up. You rushed towards Marco and stood next to him in the line. There was no talking as the commander began shouting. "As practiced, you will now split into your squads ad perform resupply, message relay and titan-clearing duties under the command of the Garrison Regiment!"

You focused on calming yourself as yourself as you thought about facing titans. You did well in training, but seeing them in person was a whole other thing. "The Garrison will take the Vanguard. The support squad, will take the middle guard! And the Garrison Regiment's elite squads will take the rearguard!"

"The advance team has been wiped out!" Your eyes widened and you moved your eyes to look at Marco, who seemed stressed as well. "The outer gate has been breached and the titans have been allowed inside!" There were murmurs into he crowd as the commander expressed the news.

"You can't be serious..." You muttered to yourself and Marco looked to you. "This defense operation has but one objective, to defend Wall Rose until the citizens have finished evacuating! Desertion is punishable by death! Be prepared to lay down your lives!"

"Sir!" The crowd shouted and everyone saluted to the commander. At that moment, everyone began running around, getting into their squads. You spotted your squad together and you quickly dashed over to them.

You all stood on the rooftop of the house. You were looking out over the district as Eren and Armin were talking. You weren't paying attention until Mina spoke up. "You know you aren't the only ones in our class who wanna join the scouts." You turned around and looked at the group.

"Whoever takes out the most titans wins!" Thomas looked at you and the others. You smiled, always ready for a challenge. You all raised your fists and let out a yell, before jumping off the rooftop and advancing. You flew through the air with your ODM gear, trying to keep an eye out for any other moving objects.

"That many titans?" You heard Mina behind you and you looked to your left to see a group of titans wandering around. "The vanguard's been totally routed!" You looked around for more as your squad got closer. "Watch out! An abnormal!" You heard Eren scream from behind you and you immediately turned to crash into a rooftop.

Your hands and knees hit the wood hard, sending a sharp pain up your limbs. You turned around to see the abnormal that was clinging to a stone tower. It peeked it's head out from the tower, revealing what was in his mouth. You felt sick to your stomach when you saw Thomas dangling from its mouth.

You all stood there silently, remaining helpless as you all watched Thomas face his death. The titan moved it's head back sliding Thomas down his throat. You wanted to cry out, but no sound came from your lips. Eren quickly moved towards the titan. "Eren! The hell ae you doing?!" You shouted after him as he moved on his own.

Armin soon followed after him, and then you all had no choice but to follow. You followed the maniac as he zipped through the streets of Trost. As he was moving along, out of nowhere, a titan popped up, chomping down on his leg and sending Eren crashing down onto a rooftop.

"Eren!" You all screamed as you watched him fall down. While you were focused on Eren, a giant hand came flying towards you and the other cadet besides you. You reacted just in time to move out of the way, but the other cadet didn't.

You watched in horror as he was slapped out of the air and crashed down onto the pavement. You knew you couldn't stop moving, but it felt wrong to leave a comrade behind. You looked behind you to see Mina, who was jolted back. "Mina!" She was thrown back, crashing into the stone building.

You felt helpless as you watched a titan approach her, grabbing her small body in it's hands and raising her up. Your entire body froze and you felt as though you couldn't do anything, besides advance. You looked back as The titan bit down on her. You finally stopped when you spotted Armin and Eren.

You landed on a rooftop with Armin. "Armin..." You followed Armin's petrified eyes to see Eren sprawled out on a rooftop across the street. You could feel the rumbling of the earth beneath you as a titan approached the building. It was a large titan and you froze in place.

"Armin!" You screamed out as the titan took him in his hands and dangled him in his mouth. You zipped around, going to slice the nape of the titan's neck, right before Eren zipped across to the rooftop. You crashed back down onto the rooftop with Armin as Eren pulled him out and threw him down.

Eren reached out his arm towards Armin. "I have to see it." Armin ran to grab onto his arm, but he was too late as the tian bit down on his arm, sending it flying onto the rooftop. "Eren!" You and Armin both screamed out as you watched the titan swallow him. Your entire body shook as you kept replaying it in your head. He was dead. Only Armin was left form your squad.