In the Arms of the Sea

"Aren't you guys excited?!" Sasha hopped around you and Connie as you got your horses together. "Of course, but apparently not as excited as you." You giggled as you stroked Midnight's mane. "How the fuck is your horse the only one of ours to live. That isn't fair." Connie frowned at the spotted horse in front of him.

"What are you guys being loud for?" Jean strutted over, his horse's reigns in his hands. "Nothing." Connie shook his head and walked away from you guys and towards the lift. You looked up at the large wall as they began lifting some of the horses up. "Come on. Captain Levi will get his panties in a bunch if we just stand around." Jean grabbed onto the reigns of your horse and led him towards a lift.

You hopped on, holding tightly onto your horse as the wooden gate closed, and you guys slowly began to get lifted up. Once you got to the top of the wall, the other side of the lift opened and you and Jean led your horses out. Yet again there was another lift until you reached outside the wall.

"A little nerve-wracking, isn't it? Stepping outside of the walls." You bit your bottom lip as you stared out at the never-ending grass. "Yeah, but there's been no titans outside, we're safe." Jean reassured you by patting your head. "It's not the titans. It's knowing that there's more out there."

It felt like you were riding through the grass forever. You kept your eyes peeled, looking left and right as you stayed at the back of the group.

Everything seemed the same, nothing new or exciting. "Titan!" Someone yelled from the front and the group came to a halt. You peered over the heads to see a 3-meter titan laying down in the grass. You went with Jean and approached the titan. His big eyes followed you as you stopped next to him.

You looked behind him to see the torn up earth and the twigs he had for legs. "He can't walk. We should just leave him." You turned to Captain Levi and he nodded. "Continue!" Hange shouted and once again, the group was moving onward.

Beyond the grassland, there were piles of sand. It became incredibly hot as the sun reflected off the hills. You squinted your eyes as the horses trotted through the sand. You could make out a large wall that sat at the end of the sand. You looked to Eren to see him fixated on it.

The wall must have come from the other people. The people Grisha Jaeger came from. You kept your eyes on the wall as you passed it, and the group finally reached grass again. There was a small hill that you moved up, which soon ended.

Your mouth feel open as your eyes rested on the landscape before you. There was a large body of water, that traveled endlessly past your view. It moved calmly, pushing onto the sand below. "The sea..." Armin whispered behind you as he looked at the water.

"It's really the sea." You smiled as you got down from your horse. Armin was the first one to go stumbling down the hill towards the sand and sea. You were next, rolling up your sleeves and struggling to roll up your pants and flying off your shoes as you raced down.

"Hold on Y/N!" Sasha called after you as she came running after you. You ran straight into the sea, the coldness hitting your suddenly. You threw your arms up in the air as you splashed around in the water. Sasha ran up behind you, crashing into you and wrapping her arms around your neck.

You laughed with her as you held onto each other. Connie and Jean came running in towards you guys. They splashed through the water, picking up their knees as they tried to get deeper. Connie threw his arms around both you and Sasha as you moved through the water.

You bent down, cupping the water in your hands and splashing it up at Jean. "Hey! Watch it!" He screamed out as he quickly threw his hands over his face. He splashed up water as he kicked his foot at you, sending the water right into your eyes. "Ow! Shit! It's salty!" You screamed out as you covered your burning eyes.

"Oh my god, are you ok? I'm sorry." Jean patted your shoulder and tried to comfort you as you covered your eyes. He slowly moved down, cupping the water in his hands and bringing it up to his mouth to drink from. "Ew!" Jean spit out the water and began to cough.

"It's salty!" He shouted as he rubbed his wet hands on his pants. "I just said it was!" You laughed as he continued to spit into the water. "I don't trust your judgment." Jean stood up, wiping his mouth. He lunged forward, grabbing onto your waist and pulling you close to him.

"Y/N. We've been through absolute hell. I'm glad we made it together." Jean leaned in, his lips quickly connecting with yours. You closed yours eyes as you moved your lips to the rhythm of his. He slowly moved one of his hands up to your face, pushing your hair behind your ear and holding his hand at the back of your head.

You wanted to stay like that forever. His warm body against yours. His hands resting gently on your body. His lips, which fit perfectly with yours. Everything just seemed right. You melted right in his arms as he held onto you. His lips slowly pulled away from yours and he looked at you, a small smirk plastered to his face.

"I just want to hold you in my arms forever."