Finishing the Mission

"Shit. We only have one horse now, we can't carry all four of us on here." You patted Midnight as you all sat around. Reiner was checking on Armin as Jean was standing around, whistling for more horses. You looked over to Jean as he continued to whistle. He pulled his fingers out of his mouth and looked back at you guys.

"We need to decide now. It's a difficult choice but it looks like we need to decide who stays behind." Reiner stood up and looked to you and Jean.

"Wait! Let's fire a smoke signal first." Armin scrambled to his feet and you quickly reach for a purple cannister. You loaded it in the gun and pointed towards the sky, pulling the trigger. "I doubt it's enough to get our point across." Jean rolled his eyes and dragged his feet on the ground.

"Armin. We'll only wait three minutes and then we choose someone who will stay-" "I'll stay." You and Armin chimed up in unison. "Y/N." You heard Jean muttered, but you ignored him. "But in exchange, I need you to report about something. Only yo Commander Erwin."

"Wait Armin, you'll be able to report it yourself. Someone's coming!" Jean looked off in the distance and you turned to see Christa racing towards you guys. "She's got two horses!" You watched as she made her way towards you guys. "Are you guys okay?" Christa came to a halt and gave the reigns to Reiner and Jean.

"Hey, it's my horse! Calm down, Buchwald." Jean smiled brightly as he stroked his horse's mane. "Something must have spooked him. He came running my way." Christa spoke to you guys as you all hopped on your horses. "Armin. Get on with me." You reached your hand out and Armin grabbed it. You helped hoist him onto the horse.

You could see Armin's cheeks turn pink as he sat behind you, grabbing onto your waist. You couldn't help but chuckle as Jean looked your way and frowned. "Armin! You're hurt, are you alright?" Christa's soft voice sounded worried as she looked at the bandages on Armin's head.

"Yes, more or less." Armin rubbed the sides of his head. "I'm impressed you willingly came after seeing that smoke signal." Reiner situated himself on the chestnut horse. "I happened to be nearby and I had found Jean's horse." Christa gave Reiner a soft smile.

"You have a remarkable sense of virtue. We owe one to you." You looked to Reiner, almost gagging. "Reiner has a crush?" You giggled as you looked back at Armin. "I'm just glad the worst didn't happen to you guys." Christa wiped away a tear from her eyes. You could see all the boys stare in awe at her. "Jesus Christ." You shook your head.

"We better get back into formation!" Christa interrupted the boy's thoughts and they snapped back to reality. "Right, there should be an order to retreat." You all began to move and took off on your horses.

"Things look way grimmer than we thought. And she's headed away frim the lead command squad." Jean spoke as you all raised through the trees and back towards the open land. "She?" Christa questioned Jean.

Before you could answer Christa, there were green smoke signals going off to your guys' left. "Green smoke signals?" You muttered and you could feel Armin gripping you tighter. "It sounds like the plan is to change course, but otherwise continue the operation."

"They're not ordering us to retreat?!" Christa looked back at you and Armin, both of you shaking your heads. "What the hell is Commander Erwin thinking?" Jean shouted angrily. "Whether or not the command squad knows, we only have one option. defer to their judgement." Armin set off a green smoke signal.

You guys continued riding on the horses at top speed and soon you had reached the forest. You stared up at the tall trees that stood before you. "What are we doing at this sightseeing attraction?" Jean scoffed as he looked up at the trees. You moved around the forest, keeping out of the trees. "I don't know, but this is what Commander Erwin decided." You and Armin were trotting beside Jean as you passed the forest.