Danger at Utgard

"It feels weird not having the others here." Your legs swung from the crate that you sat on. "It's too quiet without Connie and Sasha yelling their heads off." Jean leaned up against the wall next to you. "Is it true? That there is a titan in the wall?" You asked jean as you looked around at the other scouts getting the wagon ready.

"Yeah. I don't know what the hell is going on, but I hate not knowing." Jean pushed himself off of the wall and sat next to you on the crate. His feet laid flat on the ground. "I just hope the others are ok." You could see Eren, Mikasa and Armin walking around.

"Y/N. I don't know anything about you and yet we 've put our lives on the line for each other." You were shocked as you looked at Jean. "Why do you suddenly care about me horseface? I thought the only person you cared about by yourself was Mikasa." You chuckled as you watched her follow Eren around.

"I just. You're from Trost, like me. Plus I don't want to put my life in the hands of someone I barely know." You shrugged your shoulders and leaned back on the crate. "I guess I can tell you a little bit before we go. I grew up in Trost with my mom and dad. I am an only child. My mom got ill when I was younger and passed when I was 7. So I only have my dad, which I haven't seen in years."

Jean listened intently as you spoke about your family. "I'm sorry I-" "Don't be sorry. That was years ago." You gave him a bright smile as you hopped off the crate. "And I don't only care about myself and Mikasa." Jean brought his hand up and flicked your forehead.

"Hey!" You rubbed your forehead as you and Jean walked towards your horses that were waiting for you. "See you later, Y/N." Jean waved to you as he hoisted himself up on his horse. "Hey Midnight." You sweetly said to your horse as you climbed on top of him.

"Open the fate!" Commander Erwin shouted in front of you and the gate began to slowly open. "The situation within Wall Rose is unclear. But everything up until Ehrmich is safe. We'll save time going through there. Move out!" Erwin advanced out of the gate, everyone else following him.

Midnight began to pick up the pace as you road out of the gate. It was dark outside, the only light source coming from the torches held by some people. It was chilly and the wind blowing through your clothing didn't help at all. You could only focus on what was in front of you, but you kept wanting to look back at the wagon that the trio sat in.

All the questions ran through your mind about the titan in the wall and what Pastor Nick had to do with it. You had spotted him in the wagon, Hange and Levi accompanying him. Everything seemed to not make sense.

You guys seemed to be riding for hours before you finally reached a large building. On the way there, you passed dozens of people evacuating the area. You slowed down as you all came to a halt at the large stone building. You quickly hopped off your horse and tied Midnight up.

You followed the other scouts into the building and you quickly spotted Hange and the others. You could see that Hange was worked up about something as she talked to Levi, Eren and the others.

"We're riding to Utgard." Armin ran up to you, leading you over to Hange and the group. "Utgard Castle?" You whispered to him as you gathered around Hange, Levi, Eren and Mikasa. "Yeah. There's been titan sightings." Armin kept his voice low as Hange talked about the planning.

"Titans made it in this far?" Your eyes widened as you looked over at Hange. "We've got to get going!" Eren shouted as he ran away from the group. "Everyone understand?" Hange looked to everyone. "Yes!" You shouted with the others as you quickly scrambled to get to your horse.

"Y/N!" You heard Jean calling behind you and you quickly turned to face him. Sasha was standing behind him, panting as she was bending over. "Sasha came to report on the situation with the others. Please be safe." Jean patted on your shoulder and smiled. "Don't worry horseface."

You turned back around and ran towards your horse, quickly hopping on him and untying him from the wooden post. You took a hold of his reigns and made your way to gather with Hange and the others. "Ready? Let's go!"

You ran with the group, back into the night. Would you even make it in time? Utgard wasn't a long ways away, but too long for the others survive a hoard of titans.

It was a while before the Castle came into sight, which was almost just rubble. "Have the others disperse and cover the area!" Hange shouted as the group slowly separated, heading to different areas of the castle.

You quickly drew your blades, getting ready to engage in combat. You quickly jumped off your horse, hooking yourself into whatever part of the castle you could. You propelled yourself towards the nearest titan, positioning yourself right above it and spiraling down.

Your blades slashed through the nape, sending blood everyone. You smiled in delight as you watched the titan collapse onto the ground. You moved onto the next titan, swinging across and before it could notice you, slicing through it's skin. You went from titan to titan, slicing through their napes and sending them toppling over.

By the time all of the titans were killed, the sun had already come up. You dropped down onto the ground next to the large crowd. You immediately saw Connie, along with Bertholdt and Reiner. "What is..." You looked to where their eyes were locked onto.

Christa was holding onto Ymir's body, as Ymir laid there with a severe energy. "Eren..." You looked over to him, but he didn't say a word. You looked closely at Ymir, noticing the marks on her face, similar to the marks Eren was left with after he shifted. Ymir's a titan shifter?

You felt a knot in your throat as you watched Ymir close her eyes while in Christa's arms.