I Fell For You

"What do you mean?" You rubbed your head as Jean sat at the bottom of your bed. "After you passed out, the titans turned their attention away from the scouts and to Reiner and Bertholdt. Me and Armin think it was because of Eren. He wanted them to go away and they did." Jean shrugged his shoulders as he looked at your arm.

"Don't worry. It's fine." You smiled as you slowly lifted your arm. It was in a sling, and luckily not broken, just sprained and extremely bruised. "Just be careful with it. Jean slowly stood up from the bed and moved towards you. Your bedside table was a mess, but the one thing that stood out was the old photo of you, your mother and your father.

"Sheesh. Your just as ugly there as now." Jean picked up the photo and held it up to compare it to your face. "Oh shut up. You can't talk, horseface." You snatched the photo from his hand. You looked at it, a frown forming on your face as you looked at your mother and father.

"Have you visited your home yet? I know you went to Trost with Sasha and the rest of them." You set the photo back down on the bed. "Yeah. I have. My mom was excited to see me, but that old hag was just as intrusive as when I left." Jean clicked his tongue and sat back down on the bed.

"You should be nicer to her. Especially being in the Scout Regiment." You patted his shoulder and he nodded. "Yeah, I know." Jean sighed and his eyes traveled up to your face. For a minute he just sat there looking at you and his cheeks began to turn red.

"What is it Jean?" You brought your hand up to push your hair out of your face. As you looked at him, your cheeks started to turn red as well. "Sorry, I just..." Jean trailed off and looked away from you. "Why are you here with me anyways? It's boring. You could be with the others."

Jean shook his head as he ran his finger through his messy hair. "I just wanted to make sure you were alright. Nobody's doing anything right now, with what went on earlier and everything." You could feel a tension between you and him as it became silent.

"I was sure you'd want to spend time with Mikasa-" "Stop talking about her like that." Jean interrupted you, and you froze. "What do you mean? You clearly like her and-" "Stop. You're so blind and stupid. I've fallen for you. Ok? Why do you think I'm here?" Jean shot up from the bed.

"Huh?!" You felt your stomach twist as you stared up at him. "Jean, I didn't know... I always thought you liked Mikasa." Jean moved closer to you, hoovering over your bed. "So, are you just going to sit their dumbfounded or..." You shook your head and reached out, grabbing onto his hand.

"I feel the same, Jean." You squeezed his hand as he leaned over. His soft lips pressed against your forehead. He slowly pulled away and you let go of his hand. "I have to go. Get rest." Jean smiled as he turned away from you and headed towards the door.

As soon as he disappeared, you could finally relaxed. You sunk into your bed and felt your body feel tingly as you thought about his kiss. It wasn't even on the lips and you still were overwhelmed. Who knew he felt that way.