Traitors

You made sure the straps were secured properly, removing any room for fault. The anxiety caused your hands to shake violently as you finished tightening everything. "You're fine." You whispered to yourself and let out a deep breath to try and calm down.

It wasn't the first time you'd been up against people, but now you were up against people from back home. You looked up at your comrades, who were getting ready themselves. You locked eyes with Jean as he got himself together. You gave him a small nod, signaling that you were doing ok and he returned the gesture.

Once everyone finished getting their gear together, you all looked around at each other. You were in between Jean and Mikasa as you looked across from you at Pieck, Annie and Reiner. "We've gotta kill them all at once. That's the only way to secure the flying boat." Annie looked around at the group as she spoke.

"For this to work, we'll need all our Titans and all your weapons. Got it?" She waited for a reply as everyone stared at the ground. "If we go in recklessly, the Azumabito will get caught up in it." Mikasa looked up a Annie and Connie quickly agreed. "Why should we care about your distant relatives? They attacked our homeland?" Annie's expression was cold as she looked at Mikasa.

"Wait. The Azumabito dying will pose problems." Pieck called out from atop her titan. "It's true. I should be able to pilot the flying boat on my own, but without the Azumabito mechanics, it's just a boat without wings." Onyankopon spoke and you looked over to him.

"The wings are folded up and it's not just a matter of unfolding the wings. The original plan was to service it in the hangar and pilot it after some training." Onyankopon talked with his hands as everyone listened intently. "How long will that take?" You asked and Onyankopon looked to the ground. "It depends on the Azumabito."

"I see. Sounds like you wanna protect the Azumabito while they service the boat. "but not just that- without killing any of the Jaegerists that come to stop us, right?" Annie looked to the five of you as she tried to read your faces. You played with your fingers, avoiding any eye contact with her.

"If possible. We've known them since we were cadets." Jean spoke up, looking to you as you continued to fidget. "What's your plan then? How are you gonna buy enough time for the Azumabito to service the flying boat and not have to kill anyone in the process?" Annie's eyes moved towards Armin as she spoke.

"Don't you have some grand plan? Like back when you cornered me?" Annie looked at him as he lowered his eyes. "There's not such plan. We either wipe them out or lose the boat." Pieck said as he looked down at you guys. "We're here to save people! But we've gotta murder our friends?!" Connie yelled out as he stepped out towards the Marleyans.

"You're right. You guys shouldn't be expected to help out with this operation. Or expected to make that choice in the first place. Unlike us you probably wouldn't have destroyed the wall that day." Annie said as she looked at you all. "You guys don't have to fight. Watch from a safe place to watch with Gabi and Falco. Stay out of it." Reiner stepped forward towards Armin.

You stopped playing with your fingers and your hands fell to your side. "Are we just supposed to watch your guys slaughter each other?" You quietly asked Reiner and he turned towards you. "Is this even a situation that Titans alone can solve?" Jean asked from beside you.

You all stared at the ground down by your feet as the sound of dirt falling down the hill behind you interrupted your thoughts. "I have no intentions of spectating. The Jaegerists have killed four already." Hange came sliding down the hill with Magrath. "Humanity doesn't have much time left. I saw titans crossing the sea with a bunch of steam coming from the. Judging by their speed, they've probably set foot on Marley."

Your body stiffened as Hange spoke, just imagining the Titans already being at their destination. "I'm sure the closest cities in the northeast are already destroyed. Who knew they'd cross the sea so quickly?" As Hange spoke, everyone remained silent, their eyes wide as they listened to every word.

You watched as Magrath crossed in front of Hange, heading to where Yelena sat against the dirt of the hillside. He pressed the bottom of his foot to Yelena's shoulder and grabbed onto her hand as she began to flail. His other hand pressed down on her face as he got closer to her. "Tell us where Eren Jaeger is headed!" He shouted at he as he continued to hold his hand over her mouth. "Talk or I'll give you another elbow to bend!" His foot crushed Yelena's arm and you could hear a loud snap.

You cowered as you heard the sound of her bone and her muffled cries from his hand. "Don't be scared. I won't kill you." Magrath stepped back as Yelena slouched back and her arm hung to her side. "I changed my mind, I don't want to die till I see how this ends. If you take me with you, I might just say where Eren is headed." Yelena smirked as she looked past Magrath.

Hange and Onyankopon approached Magrath, trying to get him to ignore Yelena. As the situation with Yelena unfolded, you all stepped towards Magrath and the others. "Connie, Armin, Mikasa, Jean, Y/N. I want to apologize for my behavior last night. We ere wrong. I was foolish to bring up justice. I was desperately trying to justify my actions. None of you are to blame." Magrath looked at the five of you, as you all stood in front of him.

You nodded your head as he looked away and at the others. "Reiner, Annie, Pieck. You shouldn't have to endure the world hatred either. Eren wants to eradicate everything and that's unforgiveable. This hell won't end until we turn away from all this senseless killing." Magrath bowed as he looked at everyone.

You were stunned as you looked at the General. "Just this once, look the other way until this senseless bloodshed is over." He stayed in a bowed position as you all looked down at him. "I refuse. I won't stand by with clean hands." Armin said and Magrath slowly rose up, his eyes wide as he stared at Armin.

"You're with us." Jean grabbed onto your arm as he began following Hange and Magrath. You simply nodded your head and followed with Jean down towards the docks. You kept low as you looked around the area. The port was swarming with Jaegerists and the building where the Azumabito was.

"We've gotta be there just in case things go south with Mikasa." Hange called back to you as you guys got closer to the building. "Come on there should be a way for us to get in without being detected." Magrath looked around the building as you all kept low. "Look. Over there." You pointed to a door that sat on the south side of the building, away from all the Jaegerists.

You led the way towards the door, keeping your body pressed close to the wall and below the windows. You peeked up as you got closer to the door, looking through the windows to make sure there was no one inside. You looked behind you and nodded as you quietly opened the door.

Jean was first to go in as Hange and Magrath held up their guns, getting ready for anyone to pop out. "Enemy attack! Jean, Mikasa, Connie, Armin and Y/N have betrayed us! Kill them!" You heard the words echo from outside, along with several gunshots. "Shit. That was Floch." You cursed as you entered the building and followed Hange and Magrath.

"The Azumabito should be on the floor above us!" Magrath yelled as you all headed towards the staircase at the end of the hall. You heard several more explosions and the whole building shook. You came to a halt at the top of the staircase as you were face with several Jaegerists.

You hesitated and stood back as Hange and Magrath raised their guns, shooting their bullets straight at the heads of the Jaegerists. Along with the body's dropping, Mikasa appeared as he flew towards them. "Follow me if you want to live!" Magrath called out as you all looked down the staircase at the Azumabito.

You ran with the group of people, towards an exit that led to the other side of the building. You made sure to stay close to Jean as you all pressed your backs to the wall of the building and looked at the opening leading to the outside.

You got down and held your shotgun up, aiming towards the doorway in front of you. There were several explosions right outside the building. "We're sitting ducks just waiting here!" You heard the Lady say as she and her men watched from behind the wall. "If we're in a safe place, the others can let loose!" Magrath held his pistol close to him as he looked towards the opening.

Smoke began to pour into the hallway and with that, a bright flash of light. You turned to Jean and Hange as they looked out of the doorway into the chaos. The Female Titan and Armored Titan.