Judgement

I'm so excited to be writing again! I really missed updating this fanfic, but now that AOT Season 4 Part 2 cam out today, I will be updating regularly now. Please know that from now on there will be spoilers in the chapters for Part 2. I will update this fanfiction every Sunday after the new AOT episode is released. Thank you for supporting me and I'm excited to resume!

As you stood in the cellar, your hand gripping onto Jean's shirt, the loud noises had yet to cease. It sounded as though the building was going to come down at any second. Between the rumbling and the sounds of titan's screaming, you could tell you had company.

"Reiner's here." You muttered under your breath and looked to Armin. He stayed silent as he looked up at the shaking ceiling. "Shit. We should be out there." Jean gritted his teeth as he stared at the brick walls of the basement. "It may not have made any difference." You let out a heavy sigh as you rested your head on Jean's side.

"Who gives a damn. We shouldn't be locked up here." Jean gripped the metal and pushed back. His hands pushed through his long hair, moving it out of his face. He took a deep breath and rested his hand on your lower back, tracing circles into your shirt.

"No matter what sort of shit happens, just stay by me alright? I can't afford to loose you." He bent over, placing a soft kiss on the top of your head. "My plan is to make it to the end." You perked up at the faint sound of footsteps.

Mikasa and Armin immediately stood up as Onyankopon came rushing down the stairs. Along with his footsteps were the sound of keys jangling. You all lined up at the bars of the cell, watching as he came to a halt in front of the cell doors. "What's going on outside?" Jean gripped the metal bars as Onyankopon was panting, holding the ring of keys. "Marley came flying in on airships. There are about 500 soldiers, plus the Armored, Jaw and Cart titan. Eren is fighting alone. He's struggling and he's not gonna last."

He started putting the key in the lock of the cellar, shaking as he tried to open the door. The lock finally dropped to the concrete ground and Onyankopon stood back. "Marley will steal the Founder, we have to protect Eren!" Onyankopon opened the metal door and Connie immediately lunged at him.

You gasped as Connie grabbed him by the collar and pinned him to the wall. "Connie, stop!" You screamed out and Jean held you back by your arms. "This is your fight! Why should we listen to you, you traitor!" Connie tightened his grip on Onyankopon's collar as he struggled to talk.

"I would've been shot by Yelena!" Onyankopon shouted out as Connie lifted him up more on the wlal. "So you were just pretending to be nice to us while plotting to take over Paradis with your wine! I'm tired of being betrayed all the time. By Reiner! Annie! Bertholdt! Eren!" Connie shouted and you could hear his voice shake a little. You relaxed and Jean let go of your arms.

Your heart sank as Connie mentioned the names of your former comrades. "Why the hell should we help Eren if it means none of us can have kids?!" Armin approached Connie, placing his hand on his arm. "Let's hear him out, Connie." Onyankopon dropped to the ground as you all stood around him. You stood slightly behind Jean, looking over at Sasha's family and Niccolo.

Onyankopon sat on the ground, struggling to catch his breath. "I really had no idea. The volunteers knew nothing about the wine or euthanization plan." Connie went to lunge at Onyankopon again, but you held out your arm. "He's right." Niccolo's voice came from by the other cell. "We were told by Yelena to be quiet. She said not to tell the Volunteers." Niccolo looked at Connie and he slightly calmed down.

"I don't want Eldians to get euthanized! I want to build Paradis together and beat Marley side by side! I gave everything away to help this island!" Onyankopon sat up and looked directly at Connie. I was silent as Onyankopon looked around at everyone else.

"I believe you." You said and everyone turned their heads towards you. Jean looked at you in shock and placed his hand on your back. "All your views go against Zeke's. On your feet." You held out your hand and Onyankopon grasped onto your hand and you pulled him up to his feet. "I believe you too, but what now?" Jean asked as Onyankopon brushed off his pants.

"We can stop the plan, but if we lose Eren and Zeke, the island loses hope." Onyankopon said and Connie raised his fists. "Then what are you saying we do?" Jean grabbed onto his shoulder, ensuring he didn't go after Onyankopon again.

"If nothing else, show off the rumbling's might to the world."

You looked around at everyone's reactions and your eyes landed on Armin and Mikasa. "What do you think Mikasa? Do you want to help Eren?" Armin turned to her as she held up her red scarf. "Because I'm an Ackerman, this isn't my own will." Mikasa said as she gripped the scarf tighter.

"Huh?" You were confused as you looked between her and Armin. "I think Eren lied and make that up." Armin said sternly as he looked at Mikas.a "Why do you think it's a lie?" She asked as her eyes failed to look up at his.

"You guys honestly think Eren wants to stop Eldians from having children?" Armin looked at Jean and Connie. "While I don't think it's like him, it's not that outrageous."

"It is outrageous! This Eren!" Armin looked back at you and Jean and you could see the pain in his eyes.

"So why doesn't he oppose Yelena and Zeke?" Connie shouted at Armin. "Because he doesn't have to! The Founding Titan's power is ultimately his to use! He had no other choice when Yelena brought up the plan. But if he goes along with it and convinces them he's their ally, he can protect the island with the rumbling and nobody would dare touch Paradis island for 50 years!"

Armin's voice echoed throughout the basement as everyone stood here quietly. You looked at Jean, who seemed to be taking in all of Armin's words. You had already made up your mind.