Old Self

You were unable to move as your eyes shifted between Jean and Floch. A gunshot went off and you flinched, Jean jumping at the sound as well. "Stop! Don't shoot him!" Floch held a tight grip on his gun as he had it pointed to the man's head.
"Relax, Jean. I'm just helping him understand." Floch had no emotion in his eyes as he looked at Jean. You and Jean exchanged glances, his face softening as he looked over at you.

The bullet had gotten the man's hand, blood pooling by him as the liquid dripped from his hand. "He couldn't grasp the situation. but I think he does now." Floch stared down at his weapon as the other men behind him gritted their teeth.

"Hey, who elected you to act like king of this place?" Jean asked as he clenched his fists. "I'm glad you asked. Everyone! Ten months ago, Eren told me his plan, his plan to use Zeke and gain control of the founder!" Floch lowered his gun and turned to the other men.

Your eyes widened when you hear Floch's words. Eren was planning this all along. "I gathered comrades, aided Eren and today, his plan was fulfilled! You've lost your leader and your military! Soon you'll lose your homelands and they'll be reduced to giant footprints!"

As Floch spoke, you turned to Jean, who stood there, frozen. You focused on the titans that were still moving through the city as they headed to Marley. "If there are any among you who will aid our Eldian Empire, speak up!" Floch looked around at the men, almost completely ignoring you. "Screw you asshole! I'd be dead before I-" The man holding onto his hand turned to Floch, only to be met with the barrel of his pistol.

Floch pulled the trigger several times, shooting the man in the head and watching as his body collapsed onto the floor. Your hand flew up to your mouth, tears beginning to stream down your face as you looked for any sign that the man was still alive. "His pride as a Volunteer wouldn't let him live in submission." Floch coldly said as he looked at his body.

"What's so wrong with submission? Isn't it better than dying like this?" Floch spread out his arms as he walked towards the other Volunteers. "Lock them up!" Floch ordered them and right behind him, Mikasa came running up. You stood there as you looked over at Jean. He was sitting on his knees, staring blankly at the ground.

"Y/N, Jean! What happened here?" Mikasa asked and you both slowly turned towards her. "To answer your question. I act on Eren's behalf. I'll wipe out the resentment within the island. Everything is finally in our grasp." Floch crouched down in front of Jean.

"Freedom. You don't have to fight anymore. You can live as you please." Floch's lips turned upwards to form a psychotic grin. You slowly inched towards Jean, keeping your eyes glued to Floch. "Jean, didn't you want a comfy life in the interior as an MP?" Floch reached out to grab his soldier.

"Is it... over?" Jean asked, frightened as he stared at Floch. "Jean, no." You quietly said and Floch shot you a glare. "It's over so go back to being the old Jean. Reckless, annoying and cheeky." Floch grinned and the Volunteers began to leave the room. "Jean please." You could tell you were left unheard as Jean stared right in front of him.

"Floch, what happened to Captain Levi and Commander Hange?" Mikasa asked and Floch removed his hand from Jean. "Unfortunately, they were killed by Zeke." Floch looked to Mikasa and you felt yourself become ill.

They were both dead? Maybe it really was over.