The Heroes

You stood watching as the smoke began to clear from outside the small hallway. You could hear some of the Azumabito talking behind you as you stood next to Jean. "What did you just say?" You heard Hange say as they turned to the men. "It normally takes us a whole day to service a ship, but with the right equipment, we could shave it down to half a day." One of the men stood forward and you looked at him in shock.

"Half a fucking day?" You stood up straight as you began to walk down towards the men. "You want us to hold off the enemy for that long?" Magath looked at the men as they stood looking at you. "Our titans only last a few hours and you expect us to hold them off?" Magath asked as Hange continued to look at the Azumabito. "The rumbling moves faster than horses. They'll plow through the defenses. It'll take just four days.."

Hange muttered as they stared dead ahead, they eyes refusing to meet anyone else. "Even if all goes right and we stop Eren, it'll already be too late."

"Shit." You cursed as you looked between Hange and the Azumabito. "Eve n if we do get t to fly, we don't know his location. That'll add more time. It's not like we can defend the port that long to begin with." Magath was stern as he spoke to you all. "I have an idea." Lady Azumabito stepped forward, pushing in front of her men.

You stared at the map as Lady Azumabito pointed across the region. "South of here, is the Marleyan coastal city of Odiha, we own a hangar. The flying boat could be serviced there. We could depart at once and complete preparations in Odiha." Her finger traced down the land.

"A coastal city. Isn't it about to be flattened?" Hange stepped up to the map, closely looking at the city. "We can get to Odiha before the rumbling does, but it's a gamble if it'll stand for half a day." Lady Azumabito met eyes with Hange as they looked at the map.

"Does the ship have coal?!" Magath turned to the three Azumabito men. They coward as Magath stared them down. "Yes, but it'll take thirty minutes!" The one in the front said as he clenched his fists. "Make it fifteen! If you die Hizuru and the world are doomed!" He continued to shout at the men as they stood tensely in front of him.

"I'll get Captain Levi and let him know!" Jean looked to Hange as they shook their head. "You're coming with me." Jean looked to you as he stepped out into the hallway. "I'll let Mikasa know!" Hange quickly moved out into the hallway and up the stairs.

"Jean!" You swung around, catching his attention as you looked around at the area. You quickly moved own towards the street, taking cover behind a building and some crates. To your surprise, Falco sat there, his hand bloody as he tried piercing his skin with a piece of metal. "Falco?" You looked at the kid and then down at his hand.

"What are you doing here?" Jean asked as he dropped down next to you. Your attention was drawn away from the kid as you looked to the titans. Through all the smoke, you could see the Female titan's head drop to the ground. "Holy shit." You stood up and looked to Jean.

"We've gotta help!" You pointed towards the sky, where Mikasa and Connie were making their way towards the Jaegerists. Jean nodded his head and stood up, giving Falco one last look before you and him headed up towards the roof the building. As soon as you reached the roof, you unhooked and grabbed a gun off the dead body of a Jaegerist.

Jean was beside you, looking for another body that had a shotgun lying next to it. "Guns will work better, for right now." You gripped it tight as you ducked behind the cover of the roof. Your stomach laid flat on the roof as you followed Connie and Mikasa.

You took a shot, aiming at a Jaegerist that stood in Connie's way. "Don't think." You muttered to yourself as the body dropped on the roof. Your eyes followed Mikasa next as she dropped down in front of you, taking care of the Jaegerists with her blades.

One girl laid on the roof, her gun aiming at Mikasa as she hesitated for a second. Within a split second, the sound of a gunshot rang through your head. The girl's body went limp as a bullet went through her head. You looked to your side to see Jean, his gun raised, aiming at the girl that once laid there.

You raised your gun once again, trying to find a good target. You looked through the scope as a flash of light went off. "Falco?" You looked through the smoke as the Jaw titan appeared. "Now! They broke formation!" Jean shouted as he sat behind the chimney with his gun clutched to his chest.

You got back into focus, aiming your gun at the remaining Jaegerists. Each shot you took had a target and you had to admit you were a good shot. As you aimed at the remaining Jaegerists, one caught your attention. Floch. He was positioned near the boat, his arm pulled back as he got ready to fire.

You aimed your gun, getting ready to take the shot, but not before someone else landed the blow. His body dropped to the ocean as his hit landed in the water, right beside the ship. "Come on Y/N!" Jean shouted as he grabbed your arm and slid down the roof as Hange landed in front of you. "We've gotta go before they decide to come back." Hange said as you and Jean quickly hopped up.

"Falco!" You shouted as you looked at the Jaw Titan, lunging at the Cart Titan. "Come on." You looked to Jean as you used your ODM gear to shoot yourself across the area, heading towards the bodies of Annie and Reiner. You jumped down with Jean, grabbing onto Reiner's body and holding him up as you made your way towards the ship.

The last view you had was the exploding ship. The one Magath was on, what he had stayed back for. You buried your face in your hands as Jean stood beside you, his hand resting on your back. You couldn't bare to hear the shouts from Gabi.