Marlo and Hitch

You sat on the ground, your legs crossed as Jean and the others walked towards you guys. "They were handing these out." Armin handed Captain Levi a piece of paper. "If this is true, the Scouts will be disbanded." You peeked at the piece of paper to see a wanted photo for Levi.

"They're putting guards on all vital roads. Captain, what now?" Armin and Mikasa knelt in front of Levi. Jean came walking towards you, plopping himself on the ground next to you. "They're using a wagon. It'll take a day to reach Reiss' territory. We use that time to come up with a plan." Levi set down the paper and looked up at the others.

"Captain, I hear footsteps." Every time turned their heads to see where Sasha was looking. You all quietly got up and scattered. It seemed like nobody had to talk to know what to do. You hid behind a large tree, holding on tightly to your gun. You watched as Armin pulled his hood over his head and walked over to the nearby stream.

He knelt down, waiting patiently for the people to arrive. From where you were standing, you could see the two Military Police approaching the area. You held your breath as they spotted Armin and raised their guns. "Hey, you!" It was a male with a black bowl-cut and a female with short blonde hair.

They held their guns up, pointing straight at Armin. Armin slowly raised his hands and stood up. "You must be a scout." You slowly brought out your gun, as you eyed Jean in the trees. "Now listen to me and-" As the male talked, Levi and Mikasa jumped down the from the trees, attacking the two people.

You quickly jumped out, aiming your gun at them as Mikasa and Levi restrained them. "Hand your guns to the one in the front." Levi ordered them and they quickly gave Armin their guns. You stayed alert for more people as Mikasa and Armin tied the people up.

Armin looked up at you, handed you the identification of the two people. "Captain." You handed him the papers and he stood up. "Private Marlo Freudenberg. Private Hitch Dreyse. As for how we'll dispose of you..." Levi paced around them. You watched the fear spread through their body.

"Because of you guys, over 100 people from Stohess District were killed!" Hitch screamed out and Marlo looked wearily at her. "You think that you're all heroes of justice, but the victims and their families were dropped straight into hell!" You frowned as you listened to Hitch.

"You guys. You're from the same Training Corps as Annie/ Were you friends with her?" Hitch looked around and you and your squad members. "I never got to know here and I never will because she was pulverized by a titan into a puddle of jelly!" Hitch screamed at the top of her lungs and yo slowly lowered your gun.

"No... Because in the titan was Annie Leonhart herself." Levi said as he looked down at the. Hitch and Marlo's mouths fell open. "It makes me sick. The only people that know are the bastards at the center of it all. We'll release you as soon as we get out of here." Levi put his blade back in his gear.

"Captain! Let me help you!" It was the first time Marlo had spoken. "I'll do whatever it takes to correct this world's injustice!" Levi didn't look amused, not that you could ever tell what he was thinking. "Not a chance." Levi walked away with the others. You began walking with them and approached Jean.

"Captain. Please let me do it." Jean asked as Levi walked by him. "Knock yourself out." Levi looked back at you, nodding as Jean grabbed onto your arm and pulled you towards the two Military Police.

You walked alongside Jean as he held a knife behind Marlo and Hitch as you walked through the woods. "Stop." Jean ordered them and they came to a halt. "We'll forget what we saw here." Marlo said quietly as him and Hitch looked at the ground. "Of course you will! Because you both will die here!"

Jean flashed the knife at them and Hitch quickly grabbed onto Marlo. You stared in shock at Jean. You had never seen him like this before. His eyes were wide, and his lips were turned up into a grin. You stayed silent as you let Jean do the work.

"Letting you two run free is too dangerous. I'll take it upon myself to kill you!" Jean gripped the knife tightly. "Please, believe us! We know you guys are fighting to save humanity!" Marlo held out his hands and Hitch violently shook her head. "As if I trust you mister bowl-cut. Who in their right mind would cut their hair like that?"

It all clicked in your head. You finally understood what he was doing. You quickly straightened out your posture and tried to not show your emotions on your face. Jean lunged forward with the knife, but went flying after he tripped on the ground. "Jean!" The knife dropped to the ground and you scrambled to get it.

Marlo was able to get a hold of the knife before you. Before he could do anything, you felt a rush of air beside you as Jean leapt up, grabbing Marlo's hands and shoving them against the rock behind him. He pressed the end of his gun to Marlo's chin.

"Your knife, my gun. Let's race." Jean snarled at Marlo. "Shit!" Hitch began running away, but you quickly ran after her and quickly wrapped your arms around her torso. "Let me go!" She screamed out as you kept her restrained. You looked over at Jean to see him staring at Marlo as he dropped the knife.

Hitch quickly broke free from your grip and grabbed the nearest branch on the ground. "Jean!" You called out his name as you were too slow to stop Hitch from hitting him in the side of the head. Jean's body went flying onto the grass. "Jean!" You ran towards him, kneeling down on the ground.

"Stop Hitch. He was just testing us!" Marlo blocked her from further attacking Jean. You ran your fingers over the scratch on the side of his forehead. "What would you have done if I had swung the knife at you?" Marlo stood up straight and looked down at Jean. "You remind me of a guy I hate."

"That guy. Is he the same one Annie talked about?" Marlo asked and you and Jean quickly looked over at him. "Hell if I know. Fortunately we're both dumb. I think you proved your dedication. We're counting on you." Jean untied Marlo and Hitch's hands and you guys began walking back towards where Levi and the others had gone.

"Jean. Are you okay?" You looked at the bruise forming on the side of his face. "Yeah. That was one hell of a hit though." He winced as he pressed on the bruise. "You impressed me." As you were walking you quickly gave him a peck on the cheek and then ran forward to stand beside Hitch. You looked back to see Jean with his eyes wide and his face beginning to turn red.