Promise

You couldn't keep focused on what was going on in the aircraft. You could see Armin drawing out the Founding Titan on the floor, but your head kept going back to Hange. You could barely blink or move, but you could hear everyone else around you. Their voices sounded muffled as you tried to snap out of it. 

You could feel Jean's hands sliding up an down your back in an attempt to get you back. "Y/N. Y/N." You slowly began to come out of the fog as you heard Jean's gentle voice whispering your name. You looked up from the floor to meet Jean's eyes. He looked pained, but there was also concern behind his eyes. 

"You okay?" His voice was soft as his hand came up to brush the stray hairs out of your face. "I'm fine." You nodded your head and grabbed Jean's hand, giving it a tight squeeze before turning your focus back to the others. 

Reiner was standing up, towering over everyone else. "If it was possible, I'd want someone else to end it." He looked at Mikasa, who's mouth dropped open. "What?" She asked, but before anyone else could react, there was a bright flash of light. 

Within an instant you could feel the texture of sand below you, your knees sinking into the ground. "Jean?" You immediately called out for him.  Within an instant Jean grabbed onto your hand, helping you up out of the said. 

"It's okay." He continued to hold onto you as you stood up and looked around. "Eren?" You questioned as you yet again found yourself in the familiar place. The blueish sand dunes, accompanied by the sky full of stars. 

"Was he listening in?" Levi asked as you all looked around for Eren. "Eren! This is enough! I'm sure no one else will attack the island!" Armin called out into the empty sky, searching for any sign of Eren.

"You don't have to keep committing genocide for our sake!" Jean called out in desperation. "Eren, I want to shoulder your sins. We're guilty of them too." Mikasa spoke softly and everyone turned to listen to her. 

"Please Eren, come back to us!" She shouted out, only to be met with silence. There was a brief pause before Eren's voice began to ring throughout your head. "The rumbling will not stop. Nor will I leave Paradis Island's future to chance." You stood still, shocked by his statement and knowing there was now no other way to end it. 

"Hey, look." You turned to see Levi, holding up his arm to point to a figure in the distance. They were standing before a beam of light, only their outline being illuminated.

"Eren!" Mikasa shouted and began to sprint towards the figure, the other followed suit and Jean grabbed your arm to bring you along.

You raced through the sands, being pulled along by Jean. "Hey, isn't that a kid?" Jean asked as you began to get closer to the figure. The kid definitely resembled Eren. 

"Eren! Why did you leave us with our titan powers? We can talk as long as we want here, so just talk!" Armin cried out as you seemed to get closer to the kid. 

"I will take freedom from this world. But I will not take anything from you." Eren's voice echoed throughout. As you got closer, three more figures appeared, but you came to a halt when you spotted Levi, Pieck and Reiner. "Huh?" You looked at the three of them when you came to realize you were back where you all started.

"I will continue to move forward and you all have freedom to do whatever you want. There is one thing for us to do... Fight."

"Eren. Then why did you call us here?" Armin questioned Eren as you all stood around, shocked. 

"To discuss that there is no need for discussion. If you want to stop me, you'll have to make me draw my last breath." 

Your eyes widened as you turned to Jean. It was silent as everyone else processed what Eren was saying. With that you found yourself back in the plane. You were sitting in the same spot as before, your hand still intertwined with Jean's. 

"It looks lie I was right." Reiner placed his head into his hands, breaking the silence as everyone sat around avoiding eye contact with each other.

"We're almost there!" Onyankopon shouted from the the front of the plane. "Shit." You muttered under your breath as you began to sit up, checking your gear to make sure everything was in order.

"I'm going to keep flying and make an emergency landing!" Onyankopon shouted as everyone began to get ready to jump out of the plane. "Stay calm." Jean placed his hand on the small of your back to try and calm you down. "I am calm. Are you calm horseface?" You looked up and him, drawing a laugh to lighten the mood. "I thought we were past that nickname." He leaned down to place a kiss on your forehead.

The doors to the aircraft were pulled open and there was a gush of wind, slapping you in the face as you got ready to jump out. "Don't leave my side." Jean patted your arm, before diving out of the aircraft.

As you jumped out, you immediately spotted the Founding Titan, the large skeletal figure. "Th Beast Titan is here!" You heard Levi shout from in front of you and you barely had time to react as an array of boulders came pelting towards you. You did you best to swiftly avoid them, spinning through the air. 

You looked beside you to see Jean, safely approaching the titan. "We aren't gonna be able to land!" You shouted to Connie and Jean, but before either of them could respond, there was a large flash of light, replaced by the Armored Titan.

Reiner headed straight towards the Beast Titan, giving you time to dive down and land on the Founding Titan. You dropped down right beside Jean and Connie, staring at the front of the titan.

"Promise me we'll make it out of this ok?" Jean looked to you, his eyes filled with worry. All you could do was nod and give him a somewhat reassuring smile.