Loverboy

"It's boring not being in the action." You let out a sigh as you stood on top of the wall, looking at the red smoke signal. "Bullshit. You'd rather be over there?" Jean scoffed and rolled his eyes.

The mission had failed.

Squinting your eyes, you tried to see Eren's titan from the wall. It was no luck. He was on the other side of the district. "Good to be home, Jean?" You brought your hand up over your eyes to cover them from the sun.

"Shut it Y/N." You snickered as Jean crossed his arms. People began moving out of line as a yellow smoke signal failed to appear. "Let's go check with the others." Jean looked to you and you nodded your head.

You and Jean leapt off the wall, using the ODM gear to lift yourselves through the air to land on the other side of the wall. You spotted Connie and Marco as you and Jean landed. "What happened with Eren?" You looked to Marco and Connie. "Armin's on his way there. Eren will pull through for us!"

Jean furrowed his eyebrows and you just stared at the ground. "This whole thing seems silly." Connie shook his head as he looked down the wall at the titans that had gathered. "We need to avoid losing men at this point in time." Jean sounded exhausted as he spoke to Connie.

Connie walked away from you guys, facing the opposite direction. "Soldiers who die 'this point in time' are dying for nothing?" Connie balled his fists as he stared off in the distance. "It's best to conserve manpower right now until the time comes that we wage war." You stepped towards Connie, but Jean grabbed onto your sleeve, pulling you back.

"Well let's try not being the losses."

"We can't let any titans leave this corner of town. You don't need to fight them! Is that clear. You'll run along the ground. When you reach the wall, you leap back up." The Garrison soldier stood in front of you and the group of cadets. "Are we free to act on our own discretion when at risk?" Annie spoke up from the back of the group.

"If it'll help somehow-" You all looked up as there were two loud crashes. You looked in the direction of the sound to see two piles of smoke coming from the rooftop. "Kirstein team, move out!" Jean ran out of the alleyway and you and Connie followed him.

You guys ran down the streets of Trost, in the direction of the titan that caused the wreckage. "Y/N! Watch out!" Connie shouted at you. You turned around to see the titan start to swipe at you, but a hook sliced through it's hands. You looked to the side to see Jean facing the titan.

"Jean!" You called after him as the titan focused on him instead of you. "Keep going!" Jean waved at you and turned to run the other direction. You ran along with Connie towards the wall. "Come on Y/N!" Conny turned around as he ran down the street. Once you guys were close enough to the wall, you shot out your hooks and grappled into the stone wall.

You shot up into the air, your hair being pushed back and your clothes flying in the wind. You landed hard on your feet onto the top of the wall. Connie was just beside you as you both turned around to look down at the district. "Jean!" Connie called out as you both looked down at the titan going after him.

"Shit. Is his gear malfunctioning?" You bit your lip as you anxiously watched Jean run down the streets. "What is he doing?" Connie pointed to Jean as he knelt down beside a corpse. "That fucker is crazy." You looked between Jean and the titan that was closing in on him.

"So his gear really is broken." You and Connie stood frozen, helpless as you watched Jean struggle with the corpse's gear. "What's going on?" Marco's voice came from behind you as he came running over to you and Connie. "Jean..." You looked to Marco and held up your hand, pointing to Jean.

Without hesitation, Marco ran off the wall, in the direction of Jean. "Marco!" Marco flew down into the city to meet with Jean. "Jesus. They're both going to get killed." Connie muttered as you two watched Marco land on the street. He quickly disgracted the titan, luring it away from Jean.