Mission to HQ

You planted your feet on the rooftop, looking over the people you had grouped up with. You were still with Armin, but had joined Sasha, Jean, Connie and a couple of other people. Your eyes laid on Jean, who's knees were to his chest and his hands holding the side of his head.

"They've blocked the place, we can't even get gas for ourselves." You heard Jean talking to Connie, his voice low. "In that case, it's sink or swim! We can't just hang around her, titans will gather here too!" Connie shouted at Jean as he stood before him. You began walking over to the two and stood behind Jean. "We're just cadets. Who can possibly take charge of a suicide mission like that?" Jean looked down through his knees at the roof.

"There's no way we would be able to do anything in there. There are titans that are around 3 and 4 meters high." Jean sighed and looked back at you. "Come on guys! let's do it!" Sasha hopped around, looking at all your hopeless faces. "We can work together and succeed!" She was the only one that had a smile on her face.

Sasha looked to Armin, who was sitting down, his head in his knees. He hadn't stopped looking straight ahead with the blank face of his. You looked away form Armin and to Marco, Reiner, Annie and Bertholdt who were standing about a house away. You didn't know how Marco was doing since you hadn't been with him, but he didn't seem as traumatized.

You heard footsteps running on the roof and a flash of black hair raced past you. "Mikasa!" Someone called out as she rushed towards Annie. You couldn't hear what she was saying. You say Reiner point over to Armin and you. You sat down next to Jean and looked at what was happening between Mikasa and Armin.

Armin didn't raise his head when Mikasa knelt in front of him. Armin's eyes were still teary as he finally looked up at Mikasa. You looked away, looking at Jean as Armin began to shout. "They fulfilled their duties and died in vain of the battle!" Everyone stood up, looking at Armin.

Your blood ran cold when you remembered the moment Eren was killed by the titan. You kept your head down as everyone looked at Armin. You could feel Jean's eyes on you, but you ignored him. Mikasa helped Armin up and turned to face the crowd of cadets.

"Marco. If we eliminate the titans swarming around HQ, we can replenish our supplies and get over the wall." Mikasa walked towards Marco. "Yes, but there are too many titans, even with your help." Marco looked out at HQ, which was now crawling with Titans. "I am strong and capable of handling the titans there!" Mikasa raised her blade as everyone kept their eyes on her.

"You all are not only unskilled, but also cowards and wimps." You frowned at Mikasa's words as she brought her blade down to point. "Mikasa..." You muttered under your breath. "There is only one way to win, which is to fight!"

Mikasa leapt off the rooftop and raced towards HQ. "Your way with words is the real disappointment." Jean muttered under his breath and you looked over to him. "hey! Since when were we taught to let our comrades fight alone?! Or do you guys want to end up as actual cowards?!" Jean shouted and raised his blade.

You smiled, seeing this side of Jean. You and Conny ran along with Jean as he followed Mikasa. After you three went, others started to follow suit. In front of you was Mikasa, slashing her way through titans. "Mikasa's incredible. How can she go so fast." You heard Connie mutter beside you as you followed her lead.

You watched as Mikasa's stream of gas ended and she spiraled down to a rooftop. "Mikasa!" Armin chased after her. "Jean! You take the lead!" You shouted to Jean as Connie rushed after Armin. "Don't be stupid!" Jean looked to you. "You have skills! Connie went to help Armin! There are still titans!" You gave him a nod and he quickly took the lead.

"It's no use. We can't even get near HQ." You and Jean looked at the headquarters at a distance. You heard a whimpering from down below and you saw a cadet struggling with his gas empty. "Shit." You muttered as you noticed two titans heading in his direction.