Chapter 3

Riley stood up and came to hug me. He glanced at the cups I was holding and confusion took over his face. He looked at me.

"Don't even ask!" I murmured.

One of the guys who was sitting next to Riley a few seconds ago, came up to me and stretched out his hand.

"I'm Dante, Riley's friend. Nice to meet you!" I smiled back at him and shook his hand in mine.

"Nice to meet you too! I'm Sofia!"

"Yeah, we already know that!" Dante shouted. I saw Riley looking at him with a murderous grin.

"Riley couldn't stop talking about you, so yeah." The other guy spoke, teasing Riley even more He, then, stood up and walked to me. He looked at me up and down and licked his bottom lip. "My name is chase. Very nice to meet you!"

They all looked like they were nice guys. But then I remembered that Riley had, also, told me that there was a girl and.... There was one more guy...

"Riley, didn't you tell me-" I was caught off a male voice.

"You will never believe what just happen-" He immediately stopped talking when his furious gaze met mine. I felt my blood boiling inside my veins.

Dante walked over him and grabbed both of his arms. "Jayden, man... Don't you see we have a special guest with us tonight?" He brought him closer to me. "This is Riley's friend, Sofia!"

The guy turned to Riley with wild eyes. "This is the pretty girl you met the other days?"

"Okay, I think that's enough!" Riley shouted, clearly feeling embarrassed from his friends.

Pretty, huh?

"Relax dude, we are just messing with you!" Chase smiled at me, before to turn back to the guy standing next to him. "Jayden...?"

Jayden's jaw sat. He smiled like he was going to eat me alive and reached out his right hand. "Hi, I am Jayden. Nice to meet you."

Even though I was very scared to touch him, I shook his hand with hesitation. He stood there, staring at me and I was sure that he was playing the scene where he murders me over and over again in his mind. At least he hadn't say anything about his destroyed t-shirt.

"Dude, what happened to your t-shirt?" Everyone's eyes went to the side of his white t-shirt the moment Riley spoke and I lowered my head, avoiding Jayden's gaze.

"Oh, don't worry. Some stupid girl poured her drink on me. But, it's okay. It's not that other girls won't approach me anyway..."

Did he just call me stupid? In front of his friends? But then I thought: I was too young to go to jail for some idiot. I had so many dreams and goals. So, I tried not to punch Jayden in the face in front of everyone.

"And what about you, Sofia?" Dante asked. I met Riley's curious gaze which was on me and on Jayden too.

"I couldn't find the bench with the drinks. I'm sorry!" I gave everyone an innocent grin and they seem to believe me. I had just arrived in Bloodline and I didn't want anyone to spread out rumors that I liked the douchebag. He wasn't even my type!

Then, they started talking about a girl named Dove, I assumed she was the one missing from the squad. I saw something passing through Riley's eyes when Chase informed him that she wasn't coming, but I ignored it, thinking it was nothing.

At some point, after many long conversations, we got separated. Riley, just like Jayden, went to talk to some freshman girls. Dante went to get us drinks and Chase... I didn't know where he had gone, till he came and found me.