Chapter 35

I made my way out of Blake's car and closed the door behind me. We had arrived at his house, but Jayden wasn't there. Dove informed me he was training in Max's house.

"He- What? It's like freezing outside!" Blake yelled, more annoyed about the fact that he had to drive me there himself.

I wasn't expecting a werewolf to train in the middle of the night. He was crazy, for sure. I spent half the time in the car on thinking of what I was going to say to him and the other half of it, hearing Blake talking about underground music.

"I can't seem why all the teenagers like it so much! It's like... It's rap, right? Just that! How can they listen to it all the time!" He ran a hand over him cheek and then over his mouth.

I waited.

He heaved a sigh.

I gleamed at him. "Are you ready to tell me about the vampires' plans now?"

"No. I'm still upset."

I glanced outside the window, hoping we were close to Max's house. I was feeling scared again. I had no idea what their plans were and even when I would know their intentions, I wouldn't be feeling any better. They wanted me dead. But I didn't want to die. Not yet. My mum would be on her own. My uncle was totally going to help her, but that wouldn't be enough for her. She had already lost my dad because of these creatures. She wouldn't be able to handle my death too. There were so much more for me to see, to visit, to live. I was only seventeen for God's sake!

"Okay. Now I'm ready to tell you." I heard Blake gritting out.

The sun had already set and the heels I was wearing, made it difficult for me to walk straight on the dirt road. My hands were trembling and the cold air was hitting every uncovered part of my body.

Jayden wasn't training in front of Max's house. I wondered if Max knew that there was a werewolf in his yard. But even if he knew about it, he wouldn't have any problem. They were close with each other. Besides, Max was cool.

I whipped around, looking for any familiar figures. It was dark. I used my phone's flashlight and the only thing I found was a broken branch laying on the ground. My eyes widened and I froze. But then, something sounded from the shrubs next to the house. I took a few steps backwards, till my back hit something. Fear thundered in my chest. I held up the flashlight, but that only caused all the light to land on the other person's face.

"Ugh!" He quickly took the phone off my hands and threw it on the ground.

My eyebrows flied up. "Jayden? What the hell were you trying to do?"

He rubbed his eyes. "I approached you to tell you I was right behind you." He explained. "I wasn't trying to scare you or anything."

"Well, guess what! You nearly gave me a heart attack! And you also murdered my phone!"

"Accidents happen." He blurted out like that was the most ordinary thing in the world.

Blowing out an annoyed breath, I walked to my phone and lifted it up, talking in my palms. It wasn't broken.

I lowered my head, as I put my phone in my jacket's pocket. I knew that was the moment where I was apologizing and admitting I was wrong, but I didn't want to open my mouth and start talking. I didn't know what exactly I needed to say, so I kept my mouth shut. Thankfully, he spoke first.

"My sister told you I was here." It didn't sound like a question. It sounded like he was announcing it. Like he already knew it. I supposed he, also, knew the reason I wanted to find him there.