Chapter 13

"No!" My answer came the moment she pulled the dress out of her closet.

She frowned. "Why not?"

"Because..." I didn't even know where to start from. "It's not for me!"

"Don't be stupid, Sofia! It will look so good on you! Get dressed!" She rested it in my hands and quickly disappeared in her bathroom. "Not looking, promise!" She shouted from inside the bathroom.

With a long breath, I pulled my shirt over my head and took it off. Just like I got rid of my jeans a second later. When the soft material of the dress was finally hugging my slim body, I stood in front of the big mirror Dove had near her closet and took a look of myself. The dress was tight around my waist, but it was hugging my curves as it should be. It was, also, red and short and it made my breasts look like they were dying for attention. It was the first time I was going out wearing a dress like this one. Actually... It was the first time I was going out at all.

"It's probably not the right time to tell you this, but there will be other men too at the bar!" Jayden's voice inside the room was something I wasn't expecting to hear. But, he was already in the room. He was leaning in the wooden door, admiring my body while I had no idea he was there.

"Haven't you learnt to knock?" I demanded.

"And miss the sight of your blushed face?" He walked over to me. "No way."

While I was dressed all fancy, he was wearing black skinny jeans and a white shirt. The sleeves of his shirt was pulled up, revealing a tattoo starting from his elbows all way down his wrists.

"Why do you have so many tattoos?"

"I like tattoos. They make girls take their time admiring them. Like you are doing right now." His mouth twitched.

I hit his arm. His eyes traveled down and up by body, making me blush even harder. "Nice dress. You look kind of hot."

"Oh, so now I look prettier than Evie?" I wasn't looking at his face, but I could sense the frustration on his face.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing." I walked past him, stretching my hand to take the black, tiny back Dove had left for me on her bed. But, Jayden grabbed my hand and I pressed my lips in a tight line that was making them hurt.

"Why are you comparing yourself to Evie?" He asked, as if he didn't know already.

I tried to pull away, but his grip was very tight around my arm. "I wasn't comparing myself to her!"

"That's exactly what you did! Did someone tell you something like 'you are ugly'?"

"Just drop it, okay?" He finally released my hand and I was free again.

His shoulders were set in a straight line. A shade crossed over his eyes and something in his eyes flashed. His lips slightly parted. "Is it because of what I said the other days at Chase's?"

He took my silence as an answer and in my surprise, he didn't laugh or made a joke about it. "Look I didn't mean to hurt you." He simply said. "I was a bit drunk at that moment and Evie had put me in the mood, so I kind of lose it!"

"Kind of?" I shouted. "You started making out with your girlfriend in front of me!"

"But, I didn't mean to hurt you!" He continued, like I hadn't just interrupted him.

I was glad when the bathroom's door swings opened. I gasped at the sight of Dove's short, blue, cocktail dress. Her long straighten hair was hugging her back and the white shadow on her eyes, made her look like she was the queen of the night. So, so beautiful.