Chapter 12

I returned back home on foot. I checked my phone the moment I got home. Still nothing from Quinn. She couldn't just disappear. The last few days, I was comforting myself with the thought that she would call me eventually. Would she? I had no clue.

While i was taking a hot bath, the doorbell rang. I couldn't get dressed so quickly and I was alone in the house. Why did they have to be gone in the most inappropriate moments? I wrapped a pink towel around my naked body and went downstairs. My hair was wet and I didn't want to use a towel. I liked them like that, so it didn't bother me at all.

It was Chase, who had come to visit me. Great. It couldn't get better.

He looked a little off-guard, seeing me without any clothes on. "Um... Is Sofia Kane here? I really need to talk to her!" He wasn't looking at me. He was looking anywhere else but me. He knew how to respect a girl in a towel, for sure.

"Chase, is me. Sofia!"

He covered his eyes with his palm, so he could turn to my direction. "Sofia is pretty, of course. But, the woman in front of me is beyond sexy. I guess it could be Sofia!"

A small giggle escaped from my dry lips. "You can come inside, if you want."

"Are you alone?"

"Yes, why?"

His shoulders tensed. "Close the door, go to your room, get dressed and then come here again. I'll be waiting outside. Take your time!"

I did as he said, changing into a pair of black jeans and a white shirt. My hair was still wet and I couldn't get outside like that, so I pulled them up. When I went back downstairs, Chase was waiting for me at the door. I was too shy to ask him why he didn't come in. Probably because he was a guy after all and it wasn't okay for him to be alone with a girl with no clothes on. And since we weren't dating or something, it would be very weird.

"So, what's up?" I locked the door behind me, as I was walking out of the house.

He came to my house because he wanted to apologize for not calling me or texting me the past few days. I assured him that it was totally okay and that he didn't have to apologize to me. But, he did it anyway. I told him where I was heading and he offered to give me a ride. One more thing that I couldn't understand was why guys wanted so bad to have a motorcycle. Hormones had nothing to do with that, so maybe that was another thing without an explanation.

I enjoyed being with Chase. He was a nice guy. I didn't know if I would want to be in a relationship with him, but so far, it was too soon for something like that.

When he helped me get off his motorcycle, he pressed a quick kiss on my forehead. I wasn't exactly the type of girl who liked these romantic stuff. I didn't even like watching movies which had romance in them. On the other hand, I would want to receive a flower once in my life. But just that. And maybe one or more dates. But nothing else. I liked passionate kisses and long, deep conversations. I couldn't talk about sex or some kind of sexual connection yet, because I had never experienced this kind of things. Unlike Jayden.

I approached the front yard of the twins' house. The house was huge. There was a small garden with many colorful flowers decorating it. The main door of the house was made of stone and I wondered why. I just hoped Dove's family wasn't weird. But, if they were weird, they could meet my mum. I pressed my finger into the bell next to the door. I started to have second thoughts about going there. I turned around the second I heard footsteps approaching the door. But, it was too late.

"Look what we have here!"

I glanced at him and crossed my hands over my chest. He was shirtless, again. I tried to ignore the fear that filled me when I remembered that he had the full moon tattoo in his back. "Do you really have to appear like that in front of me?"