Chapter 8

I had decided to arrive at school earlier than the time I was supposed to be there. I didn't see Riley's squad anywhere in the schoolyard. That was good, because Chase would come at me, wanting to know why I disappeared like that from his house a few days ago. I chose to visit School's library because I knew that if I wanted to go to Bloodline's local library, I would have to tell my mum. And she wouldn't want me to go all by myself. With a few words, she would start her overprotective things again.

When I was finally standing in front of the bookshelves, I asked myself: What was i looking for? I was convinced that I had seen Devon's face somewhere before. That's why I was at the school's library at that moment. I figured that it might was on some book's page. Since I was reading a lot, it wouldn't surprise me. I went to look for a historical book. I had read one back in my small bedroom in Brooklyn, one of my mother's collection. But when I told her that I had read it, she throw the book away. I never learnt why she reacted like that.

"Here it is!" I stretched my hand to reach for the book with the hard brown cover.

I sat in a table which was near to the big window, allowing the sunlight to help me see the words in the pages clearly. Not every day the weather was like that. But, I knew that the sun would hide behind the gray clouds when it would be nine o' clock. That was happening most of the days in the week.

I skipped the first pages. I thought that I might was going crazy. I mean, what was I expecting to find? Devon was a good guy and I would go out with me and have fun. But, I had this feeling which was telling me that I shouldn't go. I tried to ignore it as I kept looking through the pages of the book.

I was acting childish. I had probably been mistaken and everything was in my mind. Everything! I would return back home, eat lunch with my mom, ignore my uncle as always and probably calling Chase. I would keep things the way they were and I would be just fine.

My sweaty hands left the white pages of the book. I put both my palms over my mouth. I was glad it was just me and two other students in the library. I leaned forward, trying to make my eyes see something different from what I was actually seeing.

"Hey!" A female voice caused the book to fall from my trembling hands. I quickly picked it up and put it inside my school bag. I looked up and I realized that a blond girl was staring at me with a look of confusion.

"I'm sorry!" I said, faster than I should say. "Were you saying something?"

"Yes." She sat to the chair next to mine and rested her arms on the hard surface of the table. She reached out her hand. "I'm Dove."

Dove. "You are a friend of Riley?"

"Yes." She gave me a friendly smile. "I don't have a choice actually! Since he is my brother's best friend, I must look after him!"

"Who is your brother?" I asked.

"Jayden, we are twins. Have you heard of him?"

You don't want to know, I wanted to tell her. But I didn't. Now I could tell. They had the same brown eyes. And also her smile reminded me of Jayden's. But they weren't so much the same. Dove had honey blonde hair and curved red lips. She was very pretty. I guess Jaden needed to have attractive people in his life!

"Jayden's sister has come back to town from her vacation and there are some problems their family has to deal with. You know like with money and stuff."

"He gets excellent grades and he is pretty handsome too! I, also, believe that he has a crush on Dove. You need to see the way he looks at her!"

I remembered her from the first day of school, when I saw her arguing with Jayden. I was wrong about the thought that she might had been his ex or something...

I stretched out my hand. "I am Sofia." Our hands met and I realized that hers was very warm.

"Hey, would you like to come with me and my other friends in the city sometime?"

And then Devon's words came into my mind. "I was actually wondering if you would like to go out with me..."

I tried to hide my nervousness. "Sure! Just not this weekend." I told her and she looked at me with curiosity. "I have a date... Well, kind of a date!"

"Oh..." I was expecting her to give me a dirty look, as Quinn was doing every time a cute guy from our school was staring at me. But, she just stared at me. "Really? With who? If I may."

"With Devon. He is a guy from my class." At the sound of the name, her mouth snapped shut. I couldn't understand from her expression if she was sad, angry or upset. The school bell called for us to start heading to our classes. I stood up, while she was looking at her bare hands.

"I need to go!" I said. "But, I will see you later, right?"

She looked like she was brought up to reality and looked up at me. "Of course."

We had English with a new male teacher. But, I couldn't keep my mind off how many things had happened in the past few days. Why did Jayden have the full moon tattoo? The exact same tattoo with that man's! And how there was a picture of Devon from the 18th century? I could have been wrong. It might wasn't Devon that guy in the picture. But... He looked like he was. Except if Devon had a twin, like Jayden was Dove's twin brother.

"There are no vampires."

Maybe I was being ridiculous, but... Nothing was making any sense to me.