Chapter 7

I looked around me, but I couldn't see any other houses around. I had seen some huge houses on my way here, but now there were none. The door opened and I forced a smile. He was dressed in black, as always and his hair was wet. Some wet drops were running down the sides of his oval face. I tried my best not to blush, but I failed and he noticed.

He welcomed me to his house and leaded me inside. The living room was huge, ideal to host a party. There were no paintings on the walls, no mirrors, nothing but a brown color. We decided to study in the living room, since no one else was around the house.

"So, what do you want to study first?" He asked me. "Math, maybe?"

I placed my schoolbag on the couch, next to where I had just sat. "I am very good at math, but thanks."

"Good, because I suck at math!" I tried to fight a small giggle, but from the face he made, I found it difficult not to laugh.

"Okay, so... We can make a promise," When I made sure I had his full attention, I continued. "I am going to help you with math and you will help me with English. Deal?"

"Deal."

"So, what chapter are you working on at class right now?" I questioned.

"How are you expecting me to know?"

I smiled.

We spent the next two hours in his living room, solving mathematic problems and doing exercises on English. I liked Chase's company. We didn't have to say much, we were saying what it needed to be said by just one look. When he called me, a few days after I had visited Quinn at her house, I couldn't resist that I was surprised. But I really appreciated the fact that he thought I might was struggling with homework because we had just moved in. I, also, got surprised when he offered me his help. So, I was happy to be in his house at that moment.

At some point, I felt thirsty. I wasn't hungry though. My mum would kill me if she learnt that I ate at a guy's house without telling her first.

"Chase," He turned his head to face me. "Can I have some water, please?"

"Sure!" He left the math notebook on the glass table right in front of him, where we had put our other stuff too and stood up. "I'll be right back."

I continued writing down numbers on the white papers of my blue notebook, till I heard footsteps approaching me. I looked up, but I immediately regretted it. He was shirtless in my eyes, wearing only grey pants. His tattoos got my full attention. I noticed a black rose covering a part of his chest, just above his abs and some other small tattoos on his left arm. A quote, a butterfly, a small bird... All black. They were beautiful. I had always dreamt of getting a tattoo when I would get older, but my mum would freak out.

His eyes were focus on mine and his jaw was clenched. I knew he didn't want me there, but I was Chase's guest.

"You? Again?" He rested both of his hands on the couch. "Are you playing with me, Sofia?"

The way the letters of my name were dancing on his tongue, made my stomach drop. It felt weird, like he was trying to take control over me.

I quickly shook my head. "I am here for Chase. Not for you. So, get over it."

I returned my head to my notebook, but his intense stare made it difficult for me to concentrate on the stupid homework. I bit my lower lip.

I glanced at him. My entire boy was on fire. "Are you going to stare at me for the whole day?"

He chuckled. "It depends."

"On what?"

He hid his lower lips behind his teeth. "If you keep biting your lip like that, I will continue staring at you."