Chapter 14

I couldn't go with him. It would be just the two of us and he would have the chance to hurt me, if he wanted to. I couldn't be thinking like that. Devon wasn't the bad one. At least, that was what I thought so. But, I couldn't go back to my table. At least, one of them would sense that something was wrong. Jayden would be that one person. So, I had two options. Either go back to my friends and pretend nothing had happened or go and talk with Devon. The truth was that I didn't want to stay there anymore. I wanted to go back home and forget the fear I felt when Devon was so close to me. That couldn't happen, of course. My mum would understand that something had happened and she wouldn't allow me to go at Dove's ever again.

Somehow, my foot leaded me outside the bar. I hadn't realized I was actually there until I felt the cool breeze brushing my bare arms. I walked to the other side of the road and stool still. I hadn't seen Devon anywhere around, so I supposed t was just me around. There was no one around and it was dark. Fortunately, the lights of the bar were making the scenery look less creepy than it was. It was a while later when I felt someone standing behind me. I didn't want to turn around, but I had too.

I was scared.

I turned around, facing his pale face and his cold eyes that were showing off no emotion. I took a few steps back, when he started approaching me. He noticed my trembling hands and he stood still in his place.

"So, you are afraid of me!" It wasn't a question and he wasn't waiting from him to say anything. A colder freeze made me shiver.

I looked around, hoping that a few drunk teenagers would come out from the bar. But, no one was about to come out.

"You found the book in the library." He said, waiting for me to give him more informations. When he saw that I wasn't going to give him any, he continued. "Did you find me handsome?"

And then it hit me. He had taken the book. He broke in my room and took it. That was why the window was opened. But, why was it so important to him?

"What, no questions?" He smiles wryly, as he moves closer to me and I immediately move away from him. "You found a picture of me a lot of years ago and you have no questions about it?" He grumbles. "Like... Oh, I found a good one!" His face got even paler, if that was possible. "What am I, maybe?"

"I don't want to know." I lied. I was just too scared to ask him.

I couldn't take it any longer. I was ready to faint. He was putting too much pressure on me. I want to go back inside. I walked past him, but before I had the chance to make any more moves, he grabbed my arm.

"You are going back to your friends? Too soon, don't you think?"

"Let go off me!" My voice came out calm. His hold tighten around my arm, making me stand still.

"You think that they want you to be safe and I don't? I am trying to keep you safe! Don't you understand that?"

"Right now, I want to go back inside and you are keeping here without me to want that!"

"You really believe that they are the good ones?" He let go off me and if the heals weren't steady, I would have fallen. I rubbed the spot he was holding so tight with me palm. "They want to manipulate you, so they can make you trust them! They don't want you to be alright, Sofia! Open your eyes!" He placed his hands on my shoulders. "You can trust me. Only me. Not them!" He started shaking me. I wasn't feeling very good.

"Devon, let go off me!" My entire body was on fire. That wasn't how I thought the night was going to go.

"Come with me. I promise I'll you safe. Just come with me! We-"