Chapter 5

I slammed the locker shut. "Hi!"

I put my right hand on my mouth so I didn't scream. I didn't expect him to scare me like that.

"Chase! Jesus! You scared me!"

The corners of his thin lips curved. "I am sorry, I didn't mean to scare you!" He looked at me up and down and licked his bottom lip. "So, tell me. You look nervous... What can I do to help?"

My eyes went open. "Oh, so now you are talking to me!"

He frowned. "Of course... Why would I not?"

I started walking away from him, ignoring him shouting my name behind me. I felt an arm on my shoulder, pushing me backwards. I turned to face him and I recognized the worry on his look.

"Sofia, did I do something? Why are you acting like that?"

I crossed my arms over my chest and made an angry expression. "I'm just saying... Since Saturday night, no one of you have talked to me! You are acting like I don't exist!"

"I don't have your phone number, otherwise I would have called you!"

"You could have asked my number from Riley!" I said, making him sigh.

"Trust me, I thought about that." He said. "But, I was too... Too..."

He seemed like he was struggling a bit. "Shy?"

"What? No. I am never feeling shy!"

A small grin made my negative feelings go away. He had just blushed in front of me and my locker. My locker and my eyes were the only witnesses. "I think you are saying you were shy..."

His face softened and smiled back at me. "Excuse me for avoiding you, even though it wasn't like that. This weekend has been a little pressured for us!"

"What happened?"

"We..." He took a deep breath. "Well, Jayden's sister has come back to town from her vacation and there are some problems their family has to deal with. You know like with money and stuff. And Riley needed to clean the house on his own because Dante has been on a trip with his boyfriend..."

My eyes widened. "Dante has a boyfriend?"

"Shit!" He murmured. "I probably shouldn't have told you that!"

"No, no. It's okay. You can trust me! I have no problem with Dante's sexuality! Really."

"Are you sure?" I shook my head. "Great. Because Dante is going to kill me for telling you this. At least your approval makes thing easier."

I felt relieved for knowing that they weren't trying to avoid me. Well, Jayden might, but that was okay. I gave Chase my phone number, so he didn't have any excuse the next time he wanted to communicate with me.

Suddenly, I started feeling dizzy and I hold Chase's arm so I didn't lose balance. "Whoa, Sofia! Are you okay?" I couldn't concentrate on Chase's words. He was telling me that I should listen to his words and try not to faint. A sudden pain took over my body and a quiet gasp escaped my mouth. I shut my eyes closed, trying to fight against a scream.

The next moment, I opened my eyes and I was no longer in the school's hallway. I was inside a car, in the passenger seat. I could feel the vehicle moving. I turned my head around and noticed Chase sitting in the driver's seat, with his hands on the wheel.

My lips parted and instead of asking him what had happened, as I was planning to, but then I felt something in my hand. A sudden pain took over me, like a sharp blade nailed to my skin. I rolled my eyes and threw my head back to the seat. A loud scream came out my mouth, making my entire body go weak.

.............................................

I hope you liked the book so far as much and have fun reading it!
See you in the next chapters:)