Chapter 10

On my way back home from my almost-date, I kept hearing all these voices. They were all over my mind and it was so annoying! I was convinced that they had begun to go away, but no! They were still there. Some people had walked by me on the street and from their faces, I could understand what they were thinking. She is probably a psychopath! She's a freak! I could hear them saying these things inside my mind. They were screaming them at my face!

That's what I told Quinn. And everything about all the other times that had happened. I needed someone to be aware of the whole situation so if I went crazy, she would know what was wrong with me. Well... Kind of. Since she had no idea what was wrong with me. That's why we decided to try something else.

"Is this black magic? I'm just telling you, Sofia, if my mum finds out about that, I'm totally screwed!"

I settled down the candles I had taken from my mother's closet and i looked at her suspiciously. "Why? She is one of those strict parents who doesn't want their children to participate in things like that?" I asked, putting down the last candle I was holding. "Is she going to forbid you to be coming here?"

"No," She answered, while the fear was dancing in her eyes. "She will want to participate! That's that problem!"

I preferred no to ask farther questions, because we were ready to begin.

I had explained to her how things were going to work. And she said that she knew a couple of things too from the horror movies she had seen. It was one of the few times I was seeing her being scared. The first time was when we were seven and a black cat approached her, while we were playing outside. She hadn't seen a cat in this color before, so she got terrified that it might intended to hurt her. That never happened, of course.

I pulled a coin out of my jacket's pocket and positioned it between us. Quinn raised an eyebrow at me. "Seriously?"

"I found it on the street on my way here. I thought we would be able to communicate with the person who left it there and-"

"And we would tell him something like 'Hey, we have your coin! We were actually trying to use black magic on it, but it's okay. Never mind!" I opened my mouth to urge, but she talked again. "Oh and by the way, don't you dare to think that we are crazy and totally out of our minds, because, apparently, my friend over here is hearing creepy voices inside her head and communicates with ghosts! Ordinary type of things, I know!"

I knew that I shouldn't had said anything to her.

My bottom lip were gripped between my teeth while the words were coming out of my mouth. "It's not black magic. And I'm not talking with ghosts!" I didn't exactly know if that was true, but there were no ghosts. And the whole thing was probably a waste of time!

"Okay." I took a deep breath and shut my eyes. "Quiet."

Quinn said that I was supposed to imagine myself holding the subject. I thought that I was holding the coin in my left hand. I was walking in a place where there was a lot of light. I could barely see anything. Suddenly, everything went black. And the next moment, I was in the woods. I could feel thousands of eyes laying on me, but no one was around me. The scary man wasn't there and I felt disappointed. I was hoping that I would find him somewhere. He could lead me to where I needed to go. At least he would know something... The coin wasn't resting in my palm anymore and panic took over my body when I noticed. It could had slipped off my hands!

But then I thought, this isn't real. It's just my head.

And then, my eyes were open. I felt then need to move. I stood up and walked to the window. I couldn't help it. There was a path leading inside the forest. It was pretty dark in there. It was around midnight.