Chapter 36

I felt the warm blood running in my veins and I tried to focus on that. I forgot about what I was really trying to do. I forgot there was a man watching me a few meters away from me. I forgot there were probably two other people inside the house that were staring at me though the big windows.

I felt the ground moving beneath my feet. The wind was blowing at my hair like it was trying to take me away. I was exhaling and inhaling again and again, just like Blake had told me to do. It wasn't hard. The difficult part was to focus on the gravity of my body. Blake had explained to me that it was important and I had to know how to control my weight. I could win in the battle just if I'd do that small thing.

I took a step forward, keeping my eyes closed. I held out both my hands. I felt the air sinking in my skin, like i was breathing it all. My lungs felt stronger, but my legs were getting weak. I heard voices inside my head. They were telling me to stop. They were warning me about killing myself or creating serious damage to the environment.

I can do this.

The cold air turned into hot waves that caused my body to start sweating. My T-shirt felt like a boundary and I wanted to take it off.

More voices and shouts. They were so close to me that I could sense the spirits' presence around me. My eyes flied open and the air was gone. The warmth in my body dissapeared and the cold breeze returned. I spotted the man laying on the ground. I hurried to get to him and help him get to his feet, but he held up a hand to stop me.

"B-Blake... Are you okay?" He offered me a shrug as a sign that he was. Well, we both knew he wasn't.

"I'm not getting payed enough money for this!" He lifted his head, just to drop it back on the ground a second later. I covered my mouth with my palms.

"I might put too much effort on it."

"You think?" He shouted.

When he was back to his feet, he ran a hand through his brown hair that were full of dirt and he stretched out his hands. He arched his back to make sure nothing was broken.

"Damn, angel," He glanced at me. ", I offered to help you. You should have warned me you had that much power in you."

"Trust me, I didn't know."

He looked at my outfit and then, at my hands. "I showered with dirt and leafs and you are... Just perfect." He gritted out.

He took his jacket off and gave it to me. I shivered again. "What are you doing?"

"I see how cold you are, angel. Don't be shy and cover yourself." Without hesitation, I rested Blake's jacket on my shoulders and whispered a quick "thank you".

"What's your plans for this weekend?" He asked, looking at his jacket that was now providing warmth in my body.

"I don't know, yet. Why?"

"I was thinking of taking you out on a date." He replied. His gaze quickly locked in on me.

My breath stuck in my throat. "I thought you didn't really like me."

"I don't." He grins widely. "But, we are in a middle of a war. And I might not be alive in the next month. And you are hot. Dumb, kind of, but still hot." My mouth twitched. "So... I thought of getting to know you. That would help me get to like you, now that I think about it. So, why not?"

Heat flowed under my skin. "If you say so... But, we are going to talk about anything but the pack."

"So, is that a yes?" His lips curved teasingly.