Chapter 51

We stayed in that cliff till my phone started ringing and my mom told me there was someone who had come to see me. But, when I arrived, I thought that the best words were, "to take me." I was leaving.

When Chase drove me back home, he was talking to me about all the things I should take with me. Boots, sweaters, jackets, blankets and these type of things. I believed that he was just trying to spend some valuable time with me. I couldn't understand how he was feeling, but it was obvious that he didn't want me to go. He was okay with the idea, though. But the pain in his eyes was telling a different story.

There was almost everyone waiting for me outside the house. There was a white car parked in the other side of the road. It seemed old and dirty. I didn't need to peer inside the car to recognize the driver. She had her hood over her head, covering her forehead and her hands were hughing the wheel. She wasn't that sociable, I guessed.

"Hi." Dove gritted me. She didn't come near me, even though she seemed like she was dying to give me a hug. Her right arm was wrapped around Riley's shoulders who were keeping her still.

"How are you?"

"Better." She offered me a warm, encouraging grin before turning her head to her brother who was standing on her side. She smacked him on the arm.

He wasn't looking at me. Evie had both of her long hands around his waist and while she was leaning in closer to him, desperate for a kiss, he had his arms crossed and his eyes we're dark.

"Jayden!" His eyes flied up, finally noticing me standing there.

"You came." He announced. "Good. Where is your luggage?"

My lips parted and he arched an eyebrow, taking in my surprise. "You have gotten yourself prepared, right? You have packed your things."

When my jaw clenched and he saw me trying to find the right words to say, he figured I hadn't packed. Well, yeah. Blame me, asshole, for not knowing when she was coming.

He pointed me with his index finger. "How did we say about all the bad words?"

He had been doing that for a while. Somehow, he always knew what was on my mind. It was weird and awkward, especially when I was calling him asshole and duchebag inside my head. I was always getting busted.

"How on earth are you doing this all the time?" I once had found the courage to ask him.

His lips had curled teasingly. "It's called talent."

"I-" Before I had any time to explain him why I hadn't packed my things, he had already walked in the house. Dove widened her eyes and scared for what might was true, I followed him upstairs.

I stepped in my bedroom and I immediately glanced around the room for him. My gaze stopped on a opened luggage which was laying on top of the mattress and pair of pants and socks were thrown inside of it. I found Jayden standing in front of my open-wide closet and he was holding one of my underwear in his hands, examinating before throwing that, too, in my luggage.

"Hey!" I scolded, talking my white panties from his hands. My clothes had had enough!

He grinned at me. "Black lingerie, huh? Does Chase know about that?"

I shoved him away from my closet, causing him to hit his back on the wall next to my window. The thought of throwing him off the window was so tempting at the moment. But I was about to get rid of him, so that wouldn't be necessary.

"I can do it myself." I stated, pushing him outside the room. But he was so big that he didn't move an inch. "Please! Just go, Jayden! Go have some fun with Evie!"