chapter 108

"Regardless," Caius begins and Alex feels the hair on her neck standing upright. That man always has something up his sleeve. "The Cullens have been consorting with werewolves. Our natural enemies." Alice and Jasper had made their way back to the Cullens and the witnesses and Jasper immediately drapes an arm around his fiancé. Her quickly taking in his scent and calming herself down.

Aro raises an eyebrow and his eyes flicker towards Alex with a sly smile. "My brother, why don't we ask someone we have relied on for a very long time." He gestures for Alex to walk forward but Edward stands in front of her.

"You have seen enough." His gaze quickly going towards Alice. He had seen what Alice had shown Aro and it wasn't pretty. To neither side.

"Oh, but I have not yet seen her thoughts. If they are to be pure." Alex clenches her jaw and smiles at Jasper with a slight nod. She walks forward and both Jasper and Harvey walk along with her. Halfway through they stop as the Guard seems to tense and she walks further. Alone.

She stands in front of Aro and in the corner of her eyes she could see Jane smirking before looking back at Aro. She glances back at the witnesses and most importantly, Jasper and Harvey. Both of them look tense and she knew that the Cullens were too. The Volturi had caused her a lot of pain and anger and she had been feeling alone for a few weeks now, her emotions going crazy.

She extends her hand and Aro smiles in delight as he takes it gently. As soon as he uses his power an agonising pain fills her head and she screams out.

Jasper had not seen it before, how she would get when Aro held her hand. He had heard it from Edward and Alice, mostly Alice. They had been having good conversations these past few weeks and she even told him what she saw in their future. The decisions that made Alex vulnerable enough for her to see.

He had heard it, but he didn't expect to see her falling to the ground in complete agony and screaming from the top of her lungs. He walks forward but Harvey places a hand on his chest. Jasper snarls at the man but Harvey simply gives him a look.

He didn't want to be gone from his fiancé, but even if Alice could predict the future.. she was more vulnerable than Alex was. Jasper knew that Harvey was angry at him for that, the voicemails were heard. And he knew that Harvey would be going off on him when the Volturi went away. But they were here, and they were hurting Alex. His Alex.

Jasper looks back and sees Edward looking away from the pain with an arm wrapped around Bella who is covering Renesmee's ears. Esme is holding a hand over her mouth in shock as she leans into Carlisle. The Denali's, the strays and the Irish clan not really that different from them. He noticed how Emmett and Rosalie held each other a little tighter. Everyone was holding their partner, so why was he there and not beside Alex. He looks and sees that Alice frowns at the visions playing before her eyes, before her eyes widen and she looks straight past Jasper towards Alex and Aro.

Through her tears Alex sees Caius smirking and Aro's gaze lost in her thoughts. She tilts her head lightly and doesn't even think before she reaches up and Jane's Aro's head off of his body before she turns to Caius and uses her bite to rip his head off.

"No!"

She snarls as Felix jumps at her and kicks him in the chest before grabbing Dimitri - oh how she liked to hurt that man - and throws his small body over her while keeping his head locked in. She hears yells and shouts from the Cullens and the witnesses and her gaze turns towards a changed Harvey who is going at it with a few vampires while Jasper makes his way to her, killing vampires to her side.

"Alex! No!"

She looks in front of her and she sees Jane and Alex with him. Quickly she calculates in her head what she could do and takes out Jane before he wraps his arms around her throat and she sees Alec's vapor slowly gliding towards her.

"No!" She shouts and kicks him in his right shin before ducking and throwing him over her straight into Alec.

The vapor reaches her and she feels her legs starting to get wobbly and she shouts as a few of the guards grab her arms and legs while she tries to get loose. She was losing the fight.

Felix smirks as he walks over to her and grabs her leg, ripping it from her body as she shouts out in pain. Only thinking about what Pietro must've felt and how she was letting down the two most important men in her life. Jasper. Harvey. Tears start to make their way into her eyes as she thinks about how amazing they have been to her.

She wasn't thinking about what was happening to them. Selfishly, she couldn't. Her mind wouldn't let her. It was to much.

Her body goes completely numb and Felix looks down on her as he dangles her leg in front of her face.

Tears start to roll down her cheek and she closes her eyes as she feels hands wrap around her throat, ready to squeeze her head off at the signal that no doubt was to come within seconds.

And that was it people.. I will be posting an epilogue that I hope you'll enjoy and may even give you some closure. 😘