Hiz_Secret_Addiction

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with Hiz_Secret_Addiction author of Make Me. Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about the program?

Hiz_Secret_Addiction: I discovered the Bootcamp Mentors because I had been following one of the mentors for a while now, and got her new story update notification. I decided to check it out and when I read it, I got intrigued and followed it to bootcamps main profile.

What I found most valuable about the program is the work that they're doing. As a writer, I always encouraged my readers to point out my errors whenever they see them, because I realized that I kept missing them. However, while they're reading they can only do so much when they're hooked by our characters. I had been waiting for an opportunity like this for a while now, where I could finally get feedback and help with improving.

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform as a writer?

Hiz_Secret_Addiction: I first discovered Wattpad in 10th grade when I heard my peers talking about it. I decided to check it out, and with burning curiosity, I discovered the pencil icon at the bottom of my screen. I never really loved reading, and while I usually spent most of my free time writing poetries, I wasn't very passionate about it either. But one thing I enjoyed doing was getting lost in the world inside my head. It usually distracts me from what's important, and sometimes it still does. But at least I got the opportunity to put my overactive thoughts to good use.

What I love the most about Wattpad as a writer is that you get the opportunity to meet new people with a diverse background, and that allows you to learn new things. Not only that, but I've been on Wattpad a while and I've seen proof of people improving and succeeding at a writing career, and I'd be honored if someday, I became a part of that.

BCM: What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2022 Wattys?

Hiz_Secret_Addiction: My readers. I started a friends-to-lovers trope novel (that needs to undergo serious editing, or maybe a major rewrite), and they wanted a story about one of my side characters who also became a main character at some point in the novel. Their votes and comments were what kept me going.

BCM: If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be?

Hiz_Secret_Addiction:This is so difficult because I feel like three could never be enough. But let's just say 'heartfelt, spicy and intriguing'.

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.

Hiz_Secret_Addiction: Over the years I've noticed that every time I begin a new novel, my writing style improves. It's like the more I write, the more I make mistakes, and the more I learn new ways to correct them. Writing is a learning process, and just remembering that always helps me to keep my head high and never give up.

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

Hiz_Secret_Addiction: Snapshot by rubyranawrites and The Art of You by annasteffey 

Thank you, Hiz_Secret_Addiction. We wish you the best in your writing endeavors.

We've got more interviews coming up.