AllyCwrites

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with AllyCwrites author of Princess Snow and the Empress. Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about the program?

AllyCwrites: I first heard about Bootcamp Mentors from the TeamOfDreams profile earlier this year. They highly recommended the program so I decided to check it out. I'm so glad I did, because the workshops really helped a novice writer like me. It's one thing to read writing advice on how to write a blurb or a summary; it's another to have Wattpad stars look at what I've written and suggest improvements.

BCM:  What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform as a writer?

AllyCwrites: I broke my foot in May last year and had too much time on my hands, haha! That, and a friend suggested we start writing short stories for each other. I ended up writing a 50k novel and figured since I've written so much, I should show it to the world on Wattpad!

What I like most about Wattpad is that I can interact with my readers and other writers. I love seeing readers' reactions to my story, and I in turn, like showering fellow writers with comments. The Wattpad community is super supportive and I've made a few good friends who share the same interests through the platform.

BCM: What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2022 Wattys?

AllyCwrites: I wanted to marry East with West by retelling a very known fairytale and putting an Asian twist to it. I also wanted to write a character who has a strong will to survive, because I've gone through a period in my life where I was going to die in a few months if my medical treatment failed. Now that I've survived that period, I wanted to write about the tenacity and grit everyone has within them when the going gets really tough.

BCM:  If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be?

AllyCwrites: Immersive, magical and bittersweet.

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.

AllyCwrites: I find that doing a ton of research beforehand and during writing helped me, especially when I get stuck with writing certain scenes. Other than written articles and books, I also turn to YouTube. I've watched all kinds of videos on costumes, history, food, martial arts, anything to help me picture what I want to say. My aim was to have readers imagine the story like a movie in their heads, and I definitely think seeing it with my own eyes first helped.

BCM:  Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

AllyCwrites: The Wandering God by greydaygirl and A Sliver of Frost by MoYun_ZJ Both are Asian fantasy, and both are my writing goals ❤️

Thank you, AllyCwrites. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

We're not done. More interviews are on the horizon.

 More interviews are on the horizon