Daisy H. Black

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with scarlettblackdaisy Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: What motivated you to become a Bootcamp Mentor and what have you found most valuable about the program?

Daisy: Following my experience as a reviewer, I found how much I enjoy working on someone else's story, providing my insight, and learning from them along the way. The Mentorship Program allows me to step away from my stories and provide an objective, reader's perspective on someone else's work as I watch them grow. Especially since, to me, editing is the hardest part of writing.

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform?

Daisy: I joined Wattpad to read, and even though I had been writing offline for a while, it was only after reading bad boy stories on Wattpad that I decided to write my own, primarily to counter the trope that bad boys are the best thing to happen to a good girl :D I fell in love with Wattpad because of the comments. For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to comment on or talk to the writers of my favorite books. Wattpad made it possible to get feedback in real time.

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that you've incorporated into your mentoring.

Daisy: Pretending I'm a part of the story. It's something I always do with my own works and I'm doing the same with my mentee. Can I visualize the setting, can I feel what's happening, am I standing still for too long and need to move? Acting out the story as a play helps me see how natural it is.

BCM: If you had to describe your mentee's story in three words, what would they be?

Daisy: Wonderful. Complex. Intriguing.

BCM: Will you be entering a story into the 2022 Wattys? If so, what motivated you to write the story?

Daisy: I will not. I haven't been writing a new story because of work. And now I'd like to focus on my mentee's story.

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

Daisy: Kissing is the Easy Part is a beautiful story by rainbowbrook and The Search for Serenity by WhispersToTheStxrs because she's my best friend and an incredible writer.

Thank you, Daisy. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

We've got more spotlights coming up.