malisaray

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with malisaray author of Cupid's Guide To Murder. Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about the program?

malisaray: I discovered the Bootcamp Mentors program through Wattpad and found working with my talented mentor and the workshops/resources so helpful! I'm super grateful for this rewarding experience 🙂

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform as a writer?

malisaray: I started writing on Wattpad because I've always loved creating stories, and I wanted to share them with readers. I love that Wattpad is a global story-telling platform so users from all around the world can connect and the community is great. I've met so many amazing writers and readers through this, and I'm so thankful for them and excited to keep growing and writing on here 🙂

BCM:  What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2022 Wattys?

malisaray: YA books (especially romance and mystery) are my favorites, so I knew I wanted to write one of my own. Valentine's Day is known for romance, so I thought it would be interesting to use Cupid as a theme but make it darker and unexpected. There are friendships to root for (and second-guess), lots of butterfly romantic moments and heated chemistry, and plenty of twisted clues and secrets, so it'll be a wild ride. I want first-time readers and re-readers to dive in and enjoy the adventure!

BCM:  If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be?

malisaray: Suspenseful, binge-worthy, and dramatic

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.

malisaray: One thing that helped me was definitely listening to music while writing — I enjoy stories that feel like watching a show, so creating a playlist added to the cinematic vibes and inspired me. Also, during the writing process, getting creative with the mystery and building characters that I wanted readers to love (or hate) was something that was definitely fun to do.

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

malisaray: There are so many good ones on here but two of my recommendations would be Olivia and Ricky's Odyssey to Rock Bottom by MariaJoWrites and The Bro Code by joecool123 

Thank you, malisaray. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

And the hits keep coming. More on the way.

 More on the way