Siberiantiggy

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with Siberiantiggy author of Forgotten Wolf. Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM:  How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about the program?

Siberiantiggy: A friend of mine applied last year and talked a lot about how helpful the process was, then it came up in the Dreamland community and I decided to apply. The most valuable thing about the program is having a partner who is invested in you succeeding through the process. That critical eye to pick out things that you can't see, having looked at your draft for the umpteenth time, that push to stay motivated, and that experienced author who has been through the process and understands what you're going through.

BCM:  What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform as a writer?

Siberiantiggy: Like many, I started on Wattpad as a reader and fell in love with paranormal romance. I devoured stories during the pandemic, but the more I read, the more I struggled to find characters I related with, so I decided to write my own. As a trauma survivor myself, I wanted to shed a different light on how trauma could weave through the lives of my characters and really shape their worlds.

BCM:  What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2022 Wattys?

Siberiantiggy: It was the first story that I actually wrote down, but it was kicking around in my mind for nearly a year. After spending that much time with the characters, they really took on a life of their own and after posting it up on wp, the reader's feedback was that they really resonated with the characters. I started getting messages from readers, thanking me for writing someone with the same struggles they had, and that alone was worth it for me, but also inspired me to try and get the story out there more.

BCM: If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be?

Siberiantiggy: Steamy, Mysterious, and Hope

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.

Siberiantiggy: I think I spend the most time on fleshing out my characters, not just the MC, but the side characters too. Before I even start writing, I have an idea of their backstories, their hopes and dreams, and key events that shaped their lives. I also work out their dynamics not only in relation to the MC's but between the other side characters. The more I know about them, the easier it is to write the story because they are already defined and I don't have to guess what they would do or think in a situation, it just flows.

BCM:  Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

Siberiantiggy: A witty rom-com with plenty of heat and heart: It's Just Phone Sex  by still_just_me and a paranormal blend with plenty of magic and mystery: Sapphire Spells by Ink_DayDreams

Thank you, Siberiantiggy. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

More spotlights are forthcoming. Stay tuned.

 Stay tuned