darlenerwrites

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with darlenerwrites author of Tattooed Hearts. Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about this Wattpad community program?

darlenerwrites: I discovered Bootcamp Mentors on Wattpad. I'd heard about it last year and was too late to join so I made sure to do so this year. I found having someone to check the work and provide feedback, along with feeling like I'm apart of a team to be the most valuable.

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform as a writer?

darlenerwrites: That's a tough question. It's been a long time since I started writing on Wattpad, but I think it's the same as to why I keep coming back. I want to be able to share my writing as I write it. Being an author can get lonely and sometimes being able to share with other readers and writers helps me feel less alone. It's also a great form of encouragement.

BCM: What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2023 Wattys?

darlenerwrites: I was born with TAR syndrome–a rare genetic disorder where you're missing one or two bones in your forearm. Growing up, I felt alone, and for a while, I thought I was the only person like this. I felt different and to be honest, thought I'd never find love just like my FMC. So, I wanted to write a story for the people out there who grew up like me. The romantics, dreamers, writers, and the people who felt alone.

BCM:. If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be?

darlenerwrites: Inspiring, passion, acceptance

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.

darlenerwrites: My writing process is all over the place, but if I had to choose something, it'd be taking breaks during the end of each act to revise. It helps me go through, shape up the act I just write, and gets me ready for the next. Sometimes it also brings up ideas I didn't think of when I originally came up with the story.

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

darlenerwrites: Envy by veelozada and Snowcrossed by DLynnP

Thank you, darlenerwrites. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

More BCM spotlight interviews are on the way!