Stephanie Rose

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with StephRose1201. Check out this writer's work and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: What motivated you to become a Bootcamp Mentor and what have you found most valuable about this Wattpad community program?

Stephanie: The idea of coaching someone into having a better chance at placing/winning a Watty was appealing. I was actually considering being a mentee myself, but upon speaking with AJ Arnault (who recruited me), I realized I might be a great mentor to someone in need!

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what is one thing you find valuable about the platform?

Stephanie: I started writing on Wattpad in 2014, because I'd just written a story and felt ready to share it with the world. I found Wattpad randomly by browsing around online! What I find valuable about the platform is the community. The ability to interact with readers, read their feedback, see their votes, chit-chat with them about characters and plot has been amazing. And also connecting with other authors has been a wonderful experience.

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that you've incorporated into your mentoring.

Stephanie: I don't know that there's any one thing about my writing process that I've incorporated. I've certainly been applying a lot of feedback and advice I received for my own work, because in my mentee's writing I see some of the same mistakes I used to make and am now able to help fix them.

BCM: What is the username of your 2023 mentee and the title of their story? If you had to describe your mentee's story in three words, what would they be?

Stephanie: My mentee's username is AdrielleReina and her story is A Realm of Magic and Mayhem. In three words: Magic, mayhem, and portals!

BCM: Will you be entering a story into the 2023 Wattys? If so, what motivated you to write the story? If not, can you share what you're working on?

Stephanie: At the time of answering this, I do believe I'll be entering a few stories, yes. What motivates me to write stories is the need to get ideas written down & formulated into books. I have a very active imagination, and when I ignore it, things don't go well for me :D

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

Stephanie: The Season (Season Series #1) by MissKatey and ROGER by veelozada. I have many favorites but those were the first two that came to mind! The Season is a historical fiction/fantasy-ish romance; ROGER is a futuristic sci-fi with AI's and cyborgs and mayhem!

Thank you, StephRose1201. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

More BCM spotlight interviews are on the way!