Amelie Rhys

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with amelierhys Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: What motivated you to become a Bootcamp Mentor and what have you found most valuable about the program?

Amelie: I thought it would be a great way to give back to the community and share what I have learned! I also like getting involved in community opportunities on Wattpad so I can meet new people and build new connections. That has definitely been valuable for me!

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform?

Amelie: I started on Wattpad after I finished writing my first story, Before She Ruled, and I was trying to decide...what now? After joining Instagram to connect with other writers, I kept seeing posts about Wattpad and decided to check it out! Honestly best decision I could have made.

Wattpad has been a great place to share my writing in order to get that initial feedback and reaction from readers. I've also met some amazing friends from joining the platform, and I'm very grateful for that.

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that you've incorporated into your mentoring.

Amelie: My mentee siberiathewriter and I both write more character-driven works. With stories like this, I like to start with fleshing out character traits, pasts, and motivations to make sure that character actions reflect who they are and where we want them to go. So in mentoring, we started with character mapping so we could keep all that in mind as we went through to edit and revise!

BCM: If you had to describe your mentee's story in three words, what would they be?

Amelie: Swoony, steamy, and sweet!

BCM: Will you be entering a story into the 2022 Wattys? If so, what motivated you to write the story?

Amelie: I will be entering into the 2022 Wattys! With all my stories, I'm motivated a little bit by personal experiences and then a lot by the little snippets and scenes that flood my head whenever I'm trying to do...well, anything.

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

Amelie: There are so many possible recommendations! But besides my mentee's story, I would recommend The Heartbreak Hypothesis by danielletalbury and From London With Love by JKMacLaren 

Thank you, Amelie. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

There are more spotlight interviews to come.