still_just_me

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with still_just_me author of It's Just Phone Sex. Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM:   How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about the program?

still_just_me: I found out from another Wattpad user who knew a previous mentee TheBluntWeirdo 

Getting a scrutinous critique of the story from my mentor Ashley TeaNHeartache has been the most valuable experience. She identified some weaknesses in the plotline and character development, helped me address some issues that bothered me, and inspired me to fix them. The result from her editing IJPS was a better version of my original story. I'm thrilled about this revision and excited to send it to the Wattys.

BCM:  What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform as a writer?

still_just_me: I read a lot of Wattpad stories first then started writing stuff that I wanted to read but couldn't find. A lot of my stories show relationship dynamics that are, I hope, different.

I really like the interactive parts of Wattpad. Seeing the feedback and reactions to words that I put out just makes my day. I try to reply to reader comments because I use them like a surface-level beta reader.

BCM:  What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2022 Wattys?

still_just_me: It's Just Phone Sex was written as a 'break' from a very long slow burn story with a lot of characters, serious themes, and high drama. It started out as a light, funny story that didn't take itself too seriously and felt like a mental breath of fresh air. I had so much fun playing with that concept at first. At that time, I also had not written a lot of mature content and wanted to try it.

Once I started writing the story, I really liked weaving the characters' interactions and adding some drama into it. I look forward to expanding on this with Ashley during the bootcamp revisions.

BCM: If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be?

still_just_me: Sweet, funny, filthy.

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.

still_just_me: Just write it down! Even if the words are terrible, it's just dialogue, or you never use the scenes, write it down. It can always be edited or even moved into a more appropriate story later. I carry a notepad in my purse, even one in my car, to jot down notes/thoughts when they pop in my head.

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

still_just_me: My recs keep getting recommended! Outside of my normal comfort, romance squishy zone, I'm enjoying a couple of sci-fi/alien stories. Pet: Genesis is a dark fiction by haleyinez about a future alien invasion that reveals flaws in Earth's developed society. The General by Ancientt is an erotica about a weak, enslaved woman who draws the attention of the most powerful general within the world she stumbled into. Both books keep me waiting for what's next... which is saying a lot because I'm an impatient reader.

Thank you, still_just_me. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

And the train keeps a rollin'. Stay tuned for more.